Proxxon Saw Fills The Vacuum

I went back on this thread and Brian077 suggested to look the videos of Aldrey Kudin a Russian master modeler.

He shows here how he use his "Proxxon FET" . He modified the fence with attachments on both sides. Plus he did not use at all the metric guide. He use a mm ruler. Neither he use the micrometer adjustments.

Moreover, due to the modifications he has now to change the blades from the side.

In other words.....He MODIFIED the Proxxon EXACTLY as it is designed the MicroMark mini till table saw.

After seeing this video, I think I will keep my MicroMark table saw..... Nevertheless comments are welcome !!!

Thank you Brian077 for posting the name of this modeler

Last edited:
After seeing this video, I think I will keep my MicroMark table saw..... Nevertheless comments are welcome !!!
As long as you happy...it is the most important. Thumbsup

Choosing the right tools is always a dilemma. It is like WWW - What, Were, and Wen...;) Anyone hunting a new tool\toy should ask yourself: "Do I really need one, or it is just cool to have it?" Be honest when you answer. :p because it may lead to spending or saving some money you may use towards the next kit. Seriously, if you are making your models from the kits, and don't have any desire to bash the kit, most likely the only power tool you may ever need - is an excellent rotary tool. But...if you are bashing kits to almost replacing all the parts and using your own materials, then you will need some power tools,...and here comes the WWW challenge.

Most challenges could be quickly resolved if you have budget constraints. You know you can spend only up to a certain amount. This may lead to the fewest available tools for the budget you have. Most likely, they will be of average quality and may not last for a long time. Most likely you will not be going to find a brand name either. For such tools, we say: "You got what you pay for". But, maybe this is what you expect and will be happy with.

Good tools - generally expensive whether we like it or not. Their price tag is the result of precision engineering, high-end materials, and quality labor assembly. Behind such tools is the Brand names we trust for years. In fact, their reputation is also part of the price tag where we like it or not. Such tools will last a long time without affecting their quality and purpose. Some of them have lifetime warrantee and parts can be replaced for free. If you know such a company, please let me know! :p

All the tools, whether they cheap or expensive will do the job they design for, but just differently. My father always told me: " Son, I am not wealthy enough to buy cheap tools".

I agree with him... Do you? :)

If there is play in the mitre slot then just stick some Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Tape to the sides of the mitre gauge until the fit is snug but not tight.
The tape can be bought in various thicknesses, is very durable and has no friction with other materials.

If there is play in the mitre slot then just stick some Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Tape to the sides of the mitre gauge until the fit is snug but not tight.
The tape can be bought in various thicknesses, is very durable and has no friction with other materials.

Every day I learn something at SOS. First time I heard about this tape.

Here are details about it:

Thank you !!!!!!
Daniel

With any tablesaw, set up is the key, even on a tiny saw. "The Tablesaw Book"
Is a great resource in English. Don't trust the saw, make your own measurements and trust them. Measure again after you cut until you are getting the results you need, and then measure again occasionally. Add extra clamps if something wobbles. Adapt a better fence if needed. Verify squareness, alignment and measurements before every cut. A good tool can eliminate some error, but not all. If all you want is an effortless supply of precision wood, buy it from someone who does it as a business.

Hello,
If you want to see a Proxxon saw work better, look at this place :
https://www.youtube.com/user/hokdk1/videos
not a word is said in the videos but you can easily understand what to do and I can assure you the modifications work.
As the webmaster says, a lot of great ideas.
Daniel
Hallo Daniel,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

Many Thanks for sharing this link with us - very interesting ideas are shown

Back