Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Those posts look fantastic Paul, could you please show us the cutting tools that you used to shape them,
Best regards John,
Hello John, I actually just made those with needle files. If you are interested in my solution here is the link to the original post on my build report. Perhaps there is something useful there...

Hello John, I actually just made those with needle files. If you are interested in my solution here is the link to the original post on my build report. Perhaps there is something useful there...

Thank you Paul, that's unbelievable, I've left a comment on your build log,

best regards John,

I've just started moving my workshop from a rented space into a much smaller space- but very close to home- in fact in the garden. I want to focus less on pay and more on play. This is just the beginning. But I thought that the second picture might be interesting. It's a standard Proxxon saw, but I modified it by buying a second table and fixing a mini jigsaw underneath it - a great space saver and using it upside down means you can see the line you are cutting.DSCN0853.JPGDSCN0855 - Copy (3).JPG

It just arrived today. So far I have been using matte poly as finish. However, I'm seeing great builds using other approaches. I'm intrigued with Shellac, mostly because it is possible to tailor the color either using different grades and/or number of coat. Need to be doing quite some testing before considering.

The last option is Bitumen of Judea for aging... intriguing.

IMG_2425.jpeg

Back