Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Don, I noticed that it comes supplied with a USB (5volt) cable, you do not have to have a computer nearby, you can use a phone charger, preferably 1amp minimum, or 2amp, is the biggest available now. Obviously the higher amp will reduce the load on the motor, say, when using a sanding drum or drilling through dense wood.
Nice looking unit, enjoy!

Here are the pictures Don.
The drill bits up to and including 0.9mm are 10 each the rest are 5 each, the 0.4, 0.5, and 0.6 are finer than a pin so you don't want to get the shakes when using them, just as well they give you 10.
PS. I should have cropped the picture, the green "snake" on the left is a 1 meter length of "PU" type synthetic rubber cord to make drive belts for my mini lathe, you cut to length and melt and fuse the ends together, way better than black rubber bands.
PSP1010882.JPGP1010883.JPG

Here is the EBAY info:
150pcs Mini Micro Power Drill Bits Set Small Precision HSS Twist 0.4-3.2mm (Description)
eBay item number:
From China

Unless you will buy from the item number, please be careful. I recently bought similar (same specification, same packaging, same description) but there is nothing to do with drill bits! Also, I search for this item number (in USA eBay) and it didn't return any findings. :(

100529 100530

Don't worry Eric. I will not be going to buy it again. All I wanted to warn others. Looks like we have legit one and the rest of them.

Be careful of warping of those sheets, I would suggest taking the out , mark each sheet with the relevant magazine number, stack them all together and put a heavy weight on top of them to keep them flat. Wrap them in 'cling film' to help keep extra moisture out. Both my Endeavour and Sovereign of the Seas, magazine builds, had warped pieces of the keel and bulkheads, I used a heat gun and weights to get them to 80% flat, the rest was done with CA glue, a lot of stuffing around especially when the glue gave way.
Looking forward to your build log.
Regards

Hi All
Not posted for a while as we have moved house.Model building is on hold for a bit while we sort the house.HOWEVER that doesn't stop me building the new work areas.One bedroom is dedicated to less messy work while the garage will be the big workroom for messy jobs.
Some pics of my purchases for the indoor hobby room all thanks to Ikea.Height adjustable large table,office chair and a handy chest of drawers on castors for handtools.
The lamps are also from ikea and cheap as chips,in fact the bulbs will probably cost more than the lamps.
A triple full height unit is coming tomorrow for one wall and I feel I will order another identical table for the other side of the room.
Incidentally,nothing at the window yet,we are awaiting on fitting of plantation shutters throughout the house at the beginning of September.They are made to measure and currently have a ten week lead time.

Kind Regards

Nigel
work1.JPGwork2.jpgwork3.jpg

Hi All

Hobby room progressing as I have assembled and installed the cabinets.Finally my books have a proper home after years in boxes.Still more to add as I wade through the morass of packed up things.Only the odd smaller model will reside in the cabinet as most of my projects are too large.Caroline will stay though as centrepiece,I am 99% sure I won't be masting her.
A small glimpse of another project,one of my RC builds,emergency rescue tug Nordic.I feel I will do a little work on her as relief from sorting the house and main workshop.

Kind Regards

Nigelwork4.jpgwork5.jpgwork6.jpgwork7.jpg

Thanks Jan

This is the 'clean' smaller job room.A large integral garage will be used for the bigger messier work.It is going to take some time to sort that as it is a dumping ground for the many boxes we packed for our move.Eventually everything will have a place.

When my father first introduced me to modelling 40 years ago we built a large N scale layout.What scale is yours?It looks like O scale from the pics.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thanks Jan

This is the 'clean' smaller job room.A large integral garage will be used for the bigger messier work.It is going to take some time to sort that as it is a dumping ground for the many boxes we packed for our move.Eventually everything will have a place.

When my father first introduced me to modelling 40 years ago we built a large N scale layout.What scale is yours?It looks like O scale from the pics.

Kind Regards

Nigel

My scale/gauge is 1:22.5 or loosely referred to as “G” scale. Track is 45mm wide so it works for 1:32 to 1:20 scale.

Back