Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Nice brother you have Knut. You will like this little lathe. I agree with Paul the chisel set is well made and has held an edge well for me.

Hi Knut,
This is a precision vise. Usually, we use them together with milling machines. The left and right side slots allow to attach them to the micro compound (XY) table. In this setup, you can securely hold very small parts and mill\dril with very precision accuracy. Larger parts can be secured with milling clumps. They can be also used to bend 90 degrees thin material, like brass or copper. They are very-vell made in Germany!

827484.0.jpgClamps.jpg

Just found these neat little planes in the cupboard that I brought on a boot sale stall about 5yrs ago and forgot about, originally purchased for 10 pounds to use for violin making as the thumb planes are quite expensive, wolf woodworker it says on the case they came in, maker unknown, but have now come into their own as a great way of taking down planking prior to sanding! 3"1/8 of planing pleasure!

_20190407_151214.JPG_20190407_151240.JPG

Jim, thank you for the information, I have now bookmarked this tool, great tips.
You just need to be aware of the grain direction and don't plane against it otherwise you can break bits out. I will plane the worst off very finely and then use sand paper or a good scraper. Also helps if you grade your timber planks to get them all roughly the same grain direction when fitting. I done it to save some time on the prep.

Also I received this one. It will be my “chalupe” style project number 4. Before jumping to on a big one
Hallo Hellmuth,
you bought two very good monographies - congratulations.
We all hope, that we will see one or even both in a scratch building log here in our forum.
For everybody interested we have Planset Reviews of these monographies here in our forum:

"THE SHIP’S LONGBOAT 1680-1780" / "LA CHALOUPE DES VAISSEAUX de 1680-1780" by Jean Claude Lemineur
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...ux-de-1680-1780-by-jean-claude-lemineur.2715/
and
"S. Catarina - 1759, Traditional Mediterranean Fishing Vessel Gozzo" by Franco Fissore
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...-fishing-vessel-gozzo-by-franco-fissore.2639/

Back