Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Eric, thank you for following.

As we all know, the memory is getting worse over the years.

KNUT

Yesterday I received some samples of ropes from company "Modellbau Takelgarn"

link to english web-page here: http://www.modellbau-takelgarn.de/englisch/

Beautiful material on the first view (and touch) ...... I will report more in detail asap

View attachment 44872

View attachment 44873 View attachment 44874

PS: The big advantage with rope-material is the fact, that due to the light weight the postage costs, also international are very low ! :)

Hi that looks like very nice rope, will have a look.

Denis.

Some new things I think I can use. clamps , brass black for test,
cannon balls out of a cartridge, small super magnets and magnet bar`s

Brass for Blandford. tested as nails, and pipes that should be in the keel.

the magnets I'm talking about are the biltema Strips Id like to hand those up and hang some tools on them. Good idea to used the round ones on a plate for a building jig of sorts. I have a system like that that uses small rectangular magnets on a steel plate they work great for holding things while glue dries and they are great for helping keep those things nice and square during assembly and curing. I use these https://www.amazon.com/CMS-Magnetic...gular+magnets&qid=1551566711&s=gateway&sr=8-7 sometimes with wood pieces to hold things where I need them Ideal would be to have many sizes as sometimes you have to find a way to use them on tiny stuff they are much larger than, hence the reason to use wood scraps but that isn't always a good way. looking forward to your Build

Tnx Mike, can I ask you, did you use pattern from the latest revised version, or you use
pattern from the previous one when you made the frames.
What is the thickness of the bolts in the frames (mm)?
Hi Knut, I used the latest revised plans for the frames. The bolts are the same diameter as 20g wire. That would be 0.81mm.

Mike, then I skape off the pattern I've already glued on the materials and use only the latest
revised patterns, it looks like your frames came out well in terms of the jiig.
I think I'm going for bolts in brass (0.8mm).
The frames will be of cherries.
Thanks for the tips.

A bit more articles to test out various techniques.

Drawing plate from Modelexpo.
It took a month from ordering until I got it jippy, not the jippie for the price,$ 40 for me, in the US for $ 20.

Last edited:
Back