Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

How do I get to Donnie’s building logs? I’m working on rigging now.
I show shortly the way how to find a Thread easier, if you know which member started the thread.
1) Go to "Members" and you find the area "Find member" -> type the nickname and the software is proposing the link
aa2.JPG
2) Here you have the member (Donnie is so good looking)
aa3.JPG
3) Here you find the search "Find" with "find all content" (means all posts) or "find all threads" (means all started topics) -> click on this
aa4.JPG
4) you will find a list of all topics the member every started in the forum
aa5.JPG

I show shortly the way how to find a Thread easier, if you know which member started the thread.
1) Go to "Members" and you find the area "Find member" -> type the nickname and the software is proposing the link
View attachment 165667
View attachment 165668
3) Here you find the search "Find" with "find all content" (means all posts) or "find all threads" (means all started topics) -> click on this
View attachment 165669
View attachment 165670
Thanks for the verbal as well as visual. Multi-instruction works well for my brain and my visual, hands-on practice it again learning style. Am I correct in that the majority of SoS is wood crafting and very much less on rigging? PT-2

Thanks for the verbal as well as visual. Multi-instruction works well for my brain and my visual, hands-on practice it again learning style. Am I correct in that the majority of SoS is wood crafting and very much less on rigging? PT-2
We are not a forum for wood crafting or rigging!
Our forum is about ship modeling and everything related to the "SHIPS" , so wood crafting and also rigging and everything else......

View attachment 165667
View attachment 165668
View attachment 165669
View attachment 165670
Super. Toll! Thanks.

There is a lot of info out in this forums to be found and read or viewed.

I often just look at the home page general topics to see what has been added.

You can also do a search by subject, such as rigging or more specific like Ratlines, to see what info is here to be viewed.

We are not a forum for wood crafting or rigging!
Our forum is about ship modeling and everything related to the "SHIPS" , so wood crafting and also rigging and everything else......
No disrespect intended. I was just commenting upon the excellent modeling that so often I see in a group build and a lot on the framing and other phases related to wood. I have seen that YouTube has some posts upon topic questions that may come to my mind for further addition to what I know and don't know but will need to know. Certainly the SoS fourms do the same thing when the string of topic is found. SoS modelers are well above my skill level so I enjoy seeing what is attainable with time, experirence, tools, and knowledge to be pulled "out of the tool box" when needed.

Hello all
I pulled this out from under my bench today, I bought it about 2 years ago boxed and never been used. (a rare item for the UK). I have no idea how old it is I think they stopped making them about 30 years ago. It also has a rare additonal fence I can't make my mind up if I should keep it, use it or sell it. I have 3 other Dremels and a Proxxon Fet 27070 that I use most of the time, I would probably be gutted if I sold it but can't bring myself to use it. Any suggestions as to what to do. Does any body on this site use a Dremel?
Kind regards
Paul

DSCN1000.JPGDSCN0999.JPGDSCN0993.JPGDSCN0997.JPGDSCN0996.JPGDSCN0995.JPG

Arrived my christmas present, the Proxxon FF 230, in my shipyard. The machine close the gap between my bigger millingmachine and the MF70.
It was a superspecial sale and to get the good price i activated Santa Claus a little bit earlier. I am unsatisfied with my bigger machine and i have been watching for a while the market for a good alternative.
The first Problem with the FF230 is the range of vices from Proxxon. All the vices has a small height to clamp the component which is a problem if you need to mill parts for 1/48 or bigger.
I adapted my very good Röhm vice with a lot of pads. Any parts of the proxxon clamp-set helps me here. This works very well with the machine.
Finaly a good and simple machine, very heavy for the size.
I dont know if he can replace the MF 70. The backlash from the MF 70 is much better for high presicion work, the MF70 can work with high speed.
The cover from the slideway is better on the MF 70. For the FF i have made a McGyver solution with a paper.
The equipment from the MF is as well better. The clamp set is part of the machine. For the FF you have to buy everything extra.

20200716_144816.jpg
20200716_145502.jpg20200716_171312.jpg20200720_200325.jpg20200723_104811.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all
I pulled this out from under my bench today, I bought it about 2 years ago boxed and never been used. (a rare item for the UK). I have no idea how old it is I think they stopped making them about 30 years ago. It also has a rare additonal fence I can't make my mind up if I should keep it, use it or sell it. I have 3 other Dremels and a Proxxon Fet 27070 that I use most of the time, I would probably be gutted if I sold it but can't bring myself to use it. Any suggestions as to what to do. Does any body on this site use a Dremel?
Kind regards
Paul
I have several Dremel tools a scroll saw and hand held tools with flex cable and the drill stand for hand held tools.

If you don’t find a home on your side of the pond I would be interested if price was good!

Kurt

Arrived my christmas present, the Proxxon FF 230, in my shipyard. The machine close the gap between my bigger millingmachine and the MF70.
It was a superspecial sale and to get the good price i activated Santa Claus a little bit earlier. I am unsatisfied with my bigger machine and i have been watching for a while the market for a good alternative.
The first Problem with the FF230 is the range of vices from Proxxon. All the vices has a small height to clamp the component which is a problem if you need to mill parts for 1/48 or bigger.
I adapted my very good Röhm vice with a lot of pads. Any parts of the proxxon clamp-set helps me here. This works very well with the machine.
I dont know if he can replace the MF 70. The backlash from the MF 70 is much better for high presicion work, the MF70 can work with high speed.
The cover from the slideway is better on the MF 70. For the FF i have made a McGyver solution with a paper.
The equipment from the MF is as well better. The clamp set is part of the machine. For the FF you have to buy everything extra.

View attachment 166491
View attachment 166490View attachment 166489View attachment 166488View attachment 166487
Oliver how is your feline assistant doing these days, seemed very intent in learning about your new holiday gift!

View attachment 166491
View attachment 166490View attachment 166489View attachment 166488View attachment 166487
Lacking any exprience or knowledge of how to operate a milling machine I can only appreciate the output from one who does. I am still mostly a hands on carving and limited drilling, jigsawing, and sanding guy. Anything is possible over the horizon though and I enjoy looking at what I can find in SoS for the work of other mates. PT-2

Now I am lost in the doldrums and floating dead calm without progress while trying to find a thread reply from another shipmate assisting me in linking into a sub-group/thread/forum related to rigging but cannot find the track back to link in to that. Any recollections would be greatly appreciated to get the ship moving forward again in my blind search in a fog bank.
PT-2

Back