Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

For an old pilot boat rigging with some long stays that I wanted to serve I orderd the Serv-O-Matic device which works quite well with some modificatons for hand/finger size as well as modifying the receiver end for served line that needs multiple progressions without damaging the previously served portion. For the finger twisting driver I added two aluminum push pins on the paddle which are easier to grasp and make the rotations much faster. On the opposite receiver end rather than bending the served line around the two nails and separating the serving overly bent, I added two thread spools and an enlarge exit port with a guide groove to the spools and an adapted chop stick friction peg with a slotted end for anchoring the unserved line portion. This worked quite well for the longest foremsast stay that needed just over 18 inches of served length on a starting cord of about 24 inches.

Probably not an original modification to a good tool, or the best of craftsmanship but it worked as a quick fix and I have had no reason to go back and redo it for a batter appering device modification so far. Of course the rig could be cut apart and with longer brass tubing it could be mounted on a slotted base for variable length needs. I am happy that I got it as it has served my needs well.

Serv-O-Matic finger winder.jpgServed Line receivers friction stop.jpgServ-O-Matic output end for long lengths.jpg

Hey Jim no LaBelle. That is La Salamandre, and I’m hoping to start a build log very soon.
I recognized the CAF La Salamandre jig and frames - please do not wait too long to start the building log
You can relax, sitting in your new chair (I am jealous btw), and posting the progress - easy cheesy :cool:

CARPET IN A HOBBY WORK ROOM!!!
Sacrilegious!!!!!!
Hidden pins, wood chips and splinters, makes a 45yo hobble around like a.......(I'll quit while I'm ahead, can't afford the hospital bills)
Seriously though, great looking chair (I have a high back executive chair) and lumbar support, is it a massaging type?
Regards
At least it's green and he can easily see thngs. My carpet is brown, Still finding things from 2 years ago

Arrived today the project from my little daughter. Sometimes she helps me on the La Belle when my know how and my skill is on the limit.
She wanted now to build this ship with me. Maybe i will achieve to give the virus from one generation to the other. For 13 Euros it´s a good deal.
We have to speak with Didier from Ancre to make a planset for a Ghostship ! :)

20200627_112532.jpg20200716_112021.jpg20200716_112133.jpg

I think she will write the Monografie for the POF-Ghostship. ROTF

View attachment 164941
A great start in the business of planset design - she is making already three-masted ships - GREAT
Take a look at this topic

IMG_3181.JPG

WOW - already two years ago .......

Comfort Eric lol. The kids moved out and I claimed a bedroom and moved from the dark damp basement. There are many parts in that pit of dispair usually found after making a replacement.
The chair does have massage in it but if I used that nothing would get done

You might want to watch those laser cut gears PT-2... they will wear down over time bringing the whole machine to a halt.
I am not surprised as I have seen some wood dust beneath the finger spinning end but at my age of just about 79 it may ourlast my needs. The same idea can be transferred to metal gears.

Back