Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I like that too but in summer I like to once in a while have a nice nicaraguan cigar (basically a cuban as they sell their tobacco to nicaragua as we can buy from them)

Here is a rather horrifying story regarding Isopropyl Alcohol. In the early to mid ‘80’s I worked in a stationery shop in north Queensland. Those were the days of wet photocopiers ie. They used liquid toner as opposed to the powder we have now. I used to mix the ISOPRO (as we called it) 2lt to 100ml black (carbon) toner concentrate (highly carcinogenic) .

There was a supplier that was sending 44 gallon drums of the ISOPRO (unmixed) to communities (Aboriginal) in the very far north. Being alcohol it can be consumed, tastes bloody awful tho’, in those days petrol sniffing as well as aerosol paint sniffing was rife in the communities, anyhow a drum of this stuff ended up somewhere there and a group of people had a huge bonfire going and eating and drinking and being merry was going on.

When it was over and all of them had passed out some rolled down the beach towards the fire and because of the quantity of alcohol in their system they actually exploded (three of them).

After that the communities were not allowed to have drums of ISOPRO, within 18 months wet copiers were phased out, the last wet copier that I saw was made by Nashua and it was a huge machine, it’s maximum paper size was only foolscap and A4

A good add on to the new Dremel would be the mounting/hanging post to hold the Dremel when the extension is used. Makes for easier use and control. Not too costly and works good.

If you don't have a good drill press Dremel makes a basic frame to mount the Dremel tool to use as cheap drill press or very simple milling machine if you buy an X Y table or move by hand.

Mike I find that denatured alcohol....
Yup... I use both. Honestly, it is the percentage of alcohol that makes the thinning more effective. The only difference between denatured alcohol and rubbing alcohol is that denatured has additives in it to make it not suitable for human consumption. It is generally about 70%. For airbrush use, I use isopropyl alcohol that is 91% or higher for best results. Denatured is good too though but I mostly use it for cleaning as it doesnt evaporate as fast.

A recent Father's Day gift from my daughter... To replace my cheapie $12 rotary. A must have tool for the modeller.
PSX_20200709_134454.jpg
I love my Dremel 4000, but I got a micro cordless Dremel for Christmas last year and it is WONDERFUL! No more wrestling with the angle of the flex shaft. It's practically small enough to handle like a pencil, with plenty of speed settings. It's now always sitting next to me in its charger on the desk. I've used it for serious grinding (fairing frames), and occasional finer work. Highly recommended!
1594340944911.png1594340721253.png

I was worried about age of my tool for new drill press stand, but found out the size and style doesn't matter as it mounts based on front thread cap which hasn't changed in decades. Just screw off front cap and insert in stand and tighten threads on retainer.

I would assume the router table works similar for attaching tool.

I have just received a package of wood from Sergey at Bibigon black yellow & blue Hornbeam strips and some plates and also pear strips. Not only is Sergey a very nice man to deal with but, the wood supplied was cut extremely accurate, nice sharp edges it was also packaged neatly the shipping from Moscow to the UK was fast (12 days) under currant circumstances and very reasonably priced. (£25). I'm so impressed with his work I will be ordering more from him it's excellent machining quality.

I highly recommend using him. If anyone wants more pictures after I open the wood I'll post them.

Kind regards
Paul
DSCN0992.JPG

Back