Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

At least it's green and he can easily see thngs. My carpet is brown, Still finding things from 2 years ago
I my former den and hobby work space for fly tying, fly rod referbishing, leather carving, ammunition loading, and other various projects I have now made it my model ship building desk/shop which the carpet is limitedly protected by a plastic floor mat under the chair with the presence of newly acquired lab puppy who wants to and mouth everything that is dropped or that I am looking to find first with my flashlight. Luckily she is trained enough to sit and give it to me when I hear her mouthing it.

I my former den and hobby work space for fly tying, fly rod referbishing, leather carving, ammunition loading, and other various projects I have now made it my model ship building desk/shop which the carpet is limitedly protected by a plastic floor mat under the chair with the presence of newly acquired lab puppy who wants to and mouth everything that is dropped or that I am looking to find first with my flashlight. Luckily she is trained enough to sit and give it to me when I hear her mouthing it.
Nope, the carpte of PT-2 is a gold tan which perfectly hides wood like small blocks and the pile buries small twisted hooks, eyes, and other brass strip or wire metal items.

HI ALL, GUESS WHAT CAME IN YESTERDAY, MY ORDER FROM KRIS, DELIVERY TIME WAS VERY GOOD 16 DAYS, I AM DELIGHTED WITH THE PRODUCT WONDERFUL EXECUTION, JUST DELIGHTED, PICTURES SHOW THE JIG FOR LE ROCHEFORT, ON THE JIG IS ETCHED NO.S FOR MATCHING PIECES, BEING CAREFUL NOT TO LOOSE OR BREAK ANYTHING, WILL START INSTALLING THE JIG TOMORROW, ALSO SHOW IS THE FREIZE AND STERN DECORATIONS FOR THE ARMED LONG BOAT EXACTLY AS THE P.E. PARTS THATMY DAUGHTER SCANED TO SEND TO KRIS, I ORIGNALLY WANTED TO HAVE IT DONE IN WOOD, BUT KRIS WAS RIGHT HE COULD DO IT BUT I COULD NEVER INSTALL IT, SO 3-D PARTS VERY HAPPY WITH THE WHOLE ORDER, WILL BE ORDERING FROM KRIS AGAIN,,,,,A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS FOR KRIS, ON THE JIG, AS I HAVE BEEN HAVING A LOT OF PROBLEMS DURING THE PAST WINTER WITH WARPAGE OF MATERIALS DUE TO EXTREME WEATHER CHANGES SOMETIMES 30 OR 40 DEGREE CHANGES SO I AM WONDERING IF IT WOULD CAUSE A PROBLEM IF I GLUED SOME MATERIAL TO THE UNDERSIDE OF THE JIG, ALSO KRIS ON THE 3-D DECORATIONS WHAT TYPE OF GLUE DO YOU USE FOR THESE, AGAIN KRIS THANK YOU VERY MUCH. DON20200717_155923.jpg20200717_160056.jpg20200717_160056.jpg20200717_160152.jpg20200717_160152.jpg20200717_160401.jpg20200717_160401.jpg

Yesterday I received a parcel from company MassivHolzWerkstatt Horschig
I ordered some cherry which needed for my La Salamandre

View attachment 43373 View attachment 43374

Well and safe packed, high quality of wood without any knots etc., very similiar colour and grain and very correct size/measures
(2mm thickness ordered and between 1,97 and 2,02mm).
Good value for money! I am very happy with the quality and the service (between order and delivery was only 5 days)

Web-page here:
https://modellbau-holz.jimdo.com/

They deliver also international, unfortunately the web-page is in german, but if you want to try this timbershop, I can assist....
So, what do you use it for?

Ahoy!
DON - We are very glad that ours products fulfilled Your requirements.

3D PRINT Decors you can gluing ........................ for example: cyano acryl glue. (Super glue)

We have full set of frames (POF) for model LE ROCHEFORT, not JIG only. Cut with a CNC milling machine. If somebody needs please contact by e-mail.
s1.jpgs2.jpg

Last edited:
Ahoy!

3D PRINT Decors you can gluing ........................ for example: cyano acryl glue. (Super glue)

We have full set of frames (POF) for model LE ROCHEFORT, not JIG only. Cut with a CNC milling machine. If somebody needs please contact by e-mail.
View attachment 165190View attachment 165191
Ship-1 :) very impressive

Ahoy!

View attachment 165190View attachment 165191
The jig elements are looking very good - so I hope to see the jig in action in the building log of @donfarr

At this time for spacers between the frames of the Salamandre - I like to use the same timber like the main timber for the model
But timber you can never have to much for spare

This is TRUTH.!! I have spent many weeks and many dollars $$ locating timber. It's always better to have spare wood. Accidents happen, and you never know when you will need it.!!
;)

I am showing my age and possibly generation as the challenge and reward for me is in what I can do with my hands and aging eyesight, manual tools, to keep them as active as I can and not fall back on relying upon computer tech and associated production by 'machines". The outcome will be of lesser detail quality but I can say that this is the best that I could do at the time and watch for progress or regression. The quality of much of what I see in SoS is well above my own but that is OK as a bar to try to approach. Outcome accepted as Granddad did that! The same is realted to the beautiful hulls of Bluenose which were well filled and sanded for a perfect surface while we all know that the actual hull had planking and caulking lines visible which is the tack that I plann on following for more of a snapshot in time rather than a "glossy smoothed over" finish. I do congratulate those builders who produce these showpiece models while I follow the tack of a worn and loved schooner of the years.

I am showing my age and possibly generation as the challenge and reward for me is in what I can do with my hands and aging eyesight, manual tools, to keep them as active as I can and not fall back on relying upon computer tech and associated production by 'machines". The outcome will be of lesser detail quality but I can say that this is the best that I could do at the time and watch for progress or regression. The quality of much of what I see in SoS is well above my own but that is OK as a bar to try to approach. Outcome accepted as Granddad did that! The same is realted to the beautiful hulls of Bluenose which were well filled and sanded for a perfect surface while we all know that the actual hull had planking and caulking lines visible which is the tack that I plann on following for more of a snapshot in time rather than a "glossy smoothed over" finish. I do congratulate those builders who produce these showpiece models while I follow the tack of a worn and loved schooner of the years.

Everyone has their own way of approaching a build. I think your way is a good one.!! Reality is never perfect. It's as good as we can make it on that particular day. A craftsman always works toward being as good as they can be. And that's the way it should be.
Sail on my friend.!!

And

Everyone has their own way of approaching a build. I think your way is a good one.!! Reality is never perfect. It's as good as we can make it on that particular day. A craftsman always works toward being as good as they can be. And that's the way it should be.
Sail on my friend.!!

Wonderfully said gentlemen, words to model if not indeed live by as well. :)

For rigging I have taken a tack to complete as much as possible on the masts and booms before they are stepped, including bending on sails, which leads to a lot of rigging falls and a possible rat's nest of tangled lines. When I finall step the mast I start at the foremast and work aft after the inboard falls are all secured. The the same with the next mast aft but still not securing anthing athwart ships like the shrouds and those with ratlines as I don't want to work around and behind them any more than I need to. Of course, this is easier as I am workin on schooners and not square sail ships. This is all backwards to actual ship rigging with the standing in place before running but I am not able to miniatureize myself to work from the deck or climb the masts to rig otherwise. . ;)

I have been looking at primarily threads that focus upon the hulls and wood crafting but almost none on rigging. What is your suggtion to fine rigging forums and threads?
Thanks for splicing me in.
PT-2

HI CHECK SOME OF DONNIES POST HE IS AN EXPERT AT RIGGING LOOK AT SOME OF HIS BUILDING LOGS,, HE HAS SOME GOOD THREADS ON RIGGING, I JUST DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RETRIVE THEM. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
I am not sure of whom Donnie is being rather new to SoS and a neophyte in finding and tracking forums and threads. A link to Donnie's weather mark would make my rounding much easier but that is not how competitive sailing is meant to be.

How may members in SoS were or are sailing competetors in any class of boat? I have found that in rigging schemes it greatly affects my sense of what lines are need for different functions and where they should terminate for handling. From what I have seen most kits don't have all of the running rigging that would be aboard except for the scratch builds that boggle my mind in the end results.

I only raced or crewed in "dingys", Built my first a BLue Jay (miniature Lightning) bought and skipppered my 5-0-5 two crew trapeze, crewed in Lightnings, Thistles, Gary 19, and a few Hobi Cats but I prefer monohulls.

HI CHECK SOME OF DONNIES POST HE IS AN EXPERT AT RIGGING LOOK AT SOME OF HIS BUILDING LOGS,, HE HAS SOME GOOD THREADS ON RIGGING, I JUST DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RETRIVE THEM. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
How do I get to Donnie’s building logs? I’m working on rigging now.

Back