Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

lovely topic. I like new things to buy and have. So I will show you mine :p

Yesterday I got these from Aliexpress about the 10 euro's, in a box including some sandpaper to sharpen them

they are great, already tested them. The smallest chisel is 1 mm

View attachment 216525View attachment 216526View attachment 216527
Little update to these knives. I used them now for a project and I don't like them.
I got also these:
And they are way better in carving. The problem is the chisels before have a cutting edge of 45 degrees and the old one I have have a cutting edge of 30 degrees. That's the problem. Sharper edge is better to use. So I will try to get them in a sharper edge. My advise don't buy that set as in the picture. Better the set in the link I posted here with the chisel and seperate holder.

I'm curious, because it is watercolour paint for aquarelle.
I was following mainly by the very positive experience made by Maarten.

YEA THANKS MARRTEN FOR INTRODUCING ME TO ECONOLINE INK PAINT PENS, HAVE NOW BEEN USING THEM A LOT QUITE A LOT FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN NOT PAINT THEY ARE GREAT HAVE NOT TRIED THE LIQUID YET WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN USING THE BLACK PEN AND THE BLACK LIQUID. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

I was following mainly by the very positive experience made by Maarten.
That looks very realistic. You still can see the wood grain :p

That looks very realistic. You still can see the wood grain :p
Ecoline works great, it is also used by guitar buulders. you only have to be aware of the lower UV resistance for the brighter colours, but black is ok.
For bright colours you can use aero colour from Schmincke, these are containing pigments.

Ecoline works great, it is also used by guitar buulders. you only have to be aware of the lower UV resistance for the brighter colours, but black is ok.
For bright colours you can use aero colour from Schmincke, these are containing pigments.
thanks for the tip. I used till now only Vallejo and extra water to keep the layers thin. Not on sculptures, just on wood. I only knew ecoline from aquarelle painting

thanks for the tip. I used till now only Vallejo and extra water to keep the layers thin. Not on sculptures, just on wood. I only knew ecoline from aquarelle painting
Ecoline and schmincke are both a kind of ink, they penetrate into the wood. The result is coloured wood where you still see all the features of the wood itself.

Ecoline and schmincke are both a kind of ink, they penetrate into the wood. The result is coloured wood where you still see all the features of the wood itself.
This I can fully confirm in the meantime.
Yesterday I tried the different colors with the brush pens from Ecoline and I am fully satisfied - and extremely easy to handle

ecoline test.jpg

Back