Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Thanks Jim. Yes it is a 13 mm drill but has also 710 Watt engine most 13 mm drills got only a 350 Watt. So I think it is strong enough. The reviews are positiv about it.
The negativ part what I till now discovered is the small wheel, like in the video. But you can order a knob for it to handle it better. Like a driver of a bus sometimes have on their steering wheel to make steering with on hand possible.

I told Santa to look to the members of SOS and told him they all where well behaved and deserve this tool. :)
you are a real friend - I am crossing my fingers, that he will find also my workshop
Santa will have Sanator status afterwards - flying around the world to find all SOS-members - puh - a hige job

I have PBD 40. If you want to be a precise bench drill first you should change the chuck and after this if you are an enthusiast you should change the lower bearing.
Lower bearing?
And why to change the Chuck? Please tell me I'm curyous

Because it makes some strange oscillating movements. And about the bearing there was a video in you tube from a russian guy who change the original one with two small ball bearings and the improvement was really great

For precision drilling purposes, fixing the wobbling in the chuck would be a great improvement, however, the wobbling at the head drastically reduced the purpose of the milling machine, unless there is another fix for this as well. ;)

I put a steel tube of 30 cm in the drill and measure the movement at the end point of the tube. 28 cm of the chuck.
It moves 0,43 mm too one side. So wen you put in a drill and it sticks out 5 cm the gap will be 0,076 mm.
For the moverende of the housing you have to use force and the wobbling is very little of the housing.
I think the wobbling will be no problem and wen it is I change those bearings.

710 W, Leerlaufdrehzahl: 0 U/min - 2.600 U/min, Spannweite: 1,5 - 13 mm

View attachment 257690
Ich habe den Scheppach bekommen und bin sehr zufrieden damit. 129,99€
Hat der scheppach aug spiel an bohrkopf?

I just try to drill a hole in a piece of plexiglas, and it was difficult to center the drill due to the wobbling. :( I'm thinking to bring the piece back to the shop. Can't understand why a tool get so much positiv support on internet. And have such a big problem.

I just try to drill a hole in a piece of plexiglas, and it was difficult to center the drill due to the wobbling. :( I'm thinking to bring the piece back to the shop. Can't understand why a tool get so much positiv support on internet. And have such a big problem.
You may need to punch a mark first, it might not a machine as it is a drill bit. It all depends on how this drillbit sharpening (angle) and drilling material is.

You may need to punch a mark first, it might not a machine as it is a drill bit. It all depends on how this drillbit sharpening (angle) and drilling material is.
I did that. But before the frill hit the piece it was already wobbling. No this machine is very beautiful, lots of features, powerful motor but this problem makes it no tool to use in our hobby. To make furniture or big things but not tiny ships. I need an accurate machine. I thought it would be no problem but it is. I already call the shop and I can bring it back. I was not the first one with this problem. I get my money back or look for another drill or tool. And I told him the Scheppach Basa 1 band saw is on my list and he said that is a good choice.
The drill was a present so it looks to me fair to choose another tool I can use.

The Drill is exit, back to the shop. I'm waiting now on the Scheppach Basa 1 bandsaw. It was a little cheaper than the drill. The rest of the money is for the pig. I'm saving for a Proxxon MF70. Maybe tomorrow my Scheppach will arrive. :)

Back