Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I think it's a 8 or 10 gallon steel drum shop vac, I use the bags right now and that's been working well for everything else, but yes good point, I have looked into those plastic drums that collects it before the shop vac, I forgot what they are called, but I'll see how it goes like this for a while
Just an FYI, I looked up the manual and they recommend a minimum of 550 CFM. You may find that under heavy sanding your shop vac can't keep up. If you are just sanding smaller pieces you're probably find. only problem would likely be if you are sanding something that is half the width of the sander or more.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Another new posting for my new shop. A few days ago I received my new dust collector. Now it's assembled. 1100 CFM. Way more than I need, but it was on sale and less than the 650. :)
Dust Collector 1.jpgDust Collector 2.jpgDust Collector 3.jpg

Also, today I received notice that my 2 small work tables have arrived at the local Home Depot. Pictures to follow soon.
I can't lay everything out in its permanent place yet as they still have to build the new partition wall and install the electrical. :)

Another new posting for my new shop. A few days ago I received my new dust collector. Now it's assembled. 1100 CFM. Way more than I need, but it was on sale and less than the 650. :)
View attachment 414654View attachment 414655View attachment 414656

Also, today I received notice that my 2 small work tables have arrived at the local Home Depot. Pictures to follow soon.
I can't lay everything out in its permanent place yet as they still have to build the new partition wall and install the electrical. :)
Very cool !! Better to go big than to small when it comes to dust collection, nice choice.

I have a workbench just like your tall one Corsair. Bought it at Home Depot after Christmas last year. Very nice workbench.

Put on/off pedals mounted on a board on the floor to contol the tools. I also added racks under the table made from closet shelving to hold wood I purchased from The Lumberyard.
IMG_3449.JPG

I also have this worktable that electrically moves up/down so I can sit in a chair and work or stand to work.
IMG_3450.JPG

I have a workbench just like your tall one Corsair. Bought it at Home Depot after Christmas last year. Very nice workbench.

Put on/off pedals mounted on a board on the floor to contol the tools. I also added racks under the table made from closet shelving to hold wood I purchased from The Lumberyard.
View attachment 415327

I also have this worktable that electrically moves up/down so I can sit in a chair and work or stand to work.
View attachment 415328
It looks like yours is bigger than mine (I'm ok with that. :D ). I got 2 of the 46" ones.
I like your foot pedal idea. :)

Last edited:
Green mat to cover the entire table!! @Uwek and @Steef66 will be extremely happy. I have no idea a green mat of this size exists. ;)

I really like that they are on wheels, too. Space (working and just putting) is such a big thing. Mobile benches help, I'm sure. For sci-fi fans, a Dr. Who TARDIS with more space on the inside would be great. Forget Inter dimensional space and time travel, just more shop room!

Just received this Arrowmax micro drill which will come in handy for tiny pilot holes that need to be drilled in the rubbing strakes for brass pins. The smallest bit is .6mm.View attachment 415512
Look very handsome, I wonder how you will like it. What is the min and max speed?

Back