Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I put up the lighting on the side where they are not working on the wall and those things are BRITE !
I've got 2 more to put up on the side with the new wall once they have completed the wall. They are 46" LED shop lights that are 10,000 lumens each and there is 4 of them!
low light should not be a problem in this space. In fact, I may need to wear sunglasses. ROTF

Jeff

Toys, Toys, Toys! Er, TOOLS, tools, tools... Very nice. You'll probably be sanding giant boards down to toothpicks! Good on the multi electrical connectors. I planned out everything years ago, but we still use extension cords...

Toys, Toys, Toys! Er, TOOLS, tools, tools... Very nice. You'll probably be sanding giant boards down to toothpicks! Good on the multi electrical connectors. I planned out everything years ago, but we still use extension cords...
Oh, there is no doubt that I'll still be using extension cords. ROTF But I did try to do some planning. The circuit for the dust collector is separate from everything else.

Oh, there is no doubt that I'll still be using extension cords. ROTF But I did try to do some planning. The circuit for the dust collector is separate from everything else.
Do you have a workshop building thread to follow your work ?

Thanks !

Possibly new kits on the market - at least to me.
Several of our members have been discussing 1:48 scale ship's boats and I believe these answer the question very neatly.
Purchased from
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32830789941.html
for not much money.
IMG20240108115242.jpg

The first thing to note is that they are at the correct scale for 1:48

IMG20240108114754.jpg

I've only unpacked the Pinnace so far as I'm not ready to install them on my HMS Medea build, but when I do I'll update via my Medea build.

The instructions are very faint and leave a lot to be desired but I've completed the 18th Century Longboat already so should be able to work this one out.

The laser cutting is clean but I was taken aback by the pre-cut planks - only 0.6 mm thick and they fall off the pack if you breath on them ;)

More to come in a while.

Since Tuesday, I have not been building my ship. But very busy. I was able to pick up a batch of model building stuff somewhere (1 hour drive). Free and for nothing. The stuff had belonged to his father, a dentist. So we know someone else here. But this dear good man had built ships in all the free time he had until his death. The Son wanted to donate this stuff to a model builder who was going to do something with it. There was a hurry because the house had to be emptied quickly in connection with the sale of this house. I was the first responder and the lucky "prize winner."
I only just got it all into my little car. Once home I was unstoppable. Lots of boxes and old shoe boxes full of everything. So I started sorting everything to make storage a little more economical. Everything was kind of everywhere, there was no logic. But now after 3 days I have sorted the small stuff into the sorting boxes.
IMG_4026.JPGIMG_4027.JPG

I will never be to short in nails

IMG_4028.JPGIMG_4029.JPGIMG_4030.JPGIMG_4031.JPG

The wood I still have to sort

IMG_4033.JPG

Paint an brass black

IMG_4032.JPG

Yes for sure, he was a dentist

IMG_4034.JPG

A magnitude with table fix

IMG_4035.JPG

a box of sails

IMG_4036.JPG

And there was more, 6 books (see new in my bookstore), amati keelclamp, amatie plankbender, modelling saws, drills and a full shopping bag with rigging yarn (lol I make my own rope). I go further finding out if the drill works and sorting out the wood.

Back