Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

You will not believe. My Basa 1 have a lot of problems, I can't adjust the saw properly. There are some parts that are bad. Wednesday, Scheppach will send a courier to exchange the machine. anyway the service is fine. :)

You will not believe. My Basa 1 have a lot of problems, I can't adjust the saw properly. There are some parts that are bad. Wednesday, Scheppach will send a courier to exchange the machine. anyway the service is fine.
Grrr...The worth thing could happen when you buy a brand new tool and it doesn't work as expected. At least the service is Ok, so they can exchange

Hallo friends of the printed medium

I got a new delivery from my friend Didier Berti from ancre - oh I am so happy - many thanks for them

IMG-7498.jpg

english book and the plans
MONOGRAPHIE DU BOULLONGNE - V. Cie des Indes -1759
THE SHIPS OF THE "COMPAGNIE DES INDES" 1720 - 1770 People, Voyages, and Trade With complete plans of the timber works

and the english version

Monographie Barque LA SAVOIE - 1896​

IMG-7499.jpg

SLAVE TRADE and SLAVE SHIPS in the XVIIIth century​

book plus additional 9 plans of slave ships

IMG-7500.jpg

long awaited english translation of the booklet of the monograph

LA GEMMA - Tartane ligure 1863​

You know, that I try to make as soon as possible book reviews and planset reviews, but unfortunately I have to go on a businesstrip for the next weeks, so it will take me until somehow November to publish them here in the forum..... so stay tuned

Long dream came true.
Proxxon MF70 with PM40 precision steel vice.
I also made a few adjustments
Table stand with rubber feet to stand firm and don't give noise through table. (rubber 10x10 cm pieces normally used on flat roof to lay step stones)
work plate to use as router or drill
Lamp
and a digital high meter made of a cheap caliper

IMG_2118.JPGIMG_2120.JPG
Next in line to buy is the Proxxon 24264 Dividing head.

I also got these week my new Basa 1 band saw, the factory exchanged it for a new one and I must tell adjusting the saw was done in 5 minutes. The old one took me one hour because there where problems with the saw.

OK ALL MY ORGAN GRINDER PLANK BENDING TOOL CAME IN FROM ENGLAND, IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHAT MICRO MART USED TO HAVE THE EXPENSIVE PART WAS SHIPPING TOTAL COST WAS THE SAME AS WHAT MICRO MART SOLD IT FOR HAVE TRIED IT A BIT 1/16 INCH PIECE WITHOUT WETTING TOOK LESS THEN 2 MINUTES TOOK 1O TO FIGURE OUT HOW IT WORKS, LOL, IT SAYS IT CAN TAKE UP TO 1/8 INCH MATERIAL THAT MAY BE PUSHING IT A BIT MOST OF MY PLANKING IS 1/16 INCH HOPE IT WORKS ON THE HALF HULL CUTTER EXTREME, VERY EXTRME BENDS AT BOW HOPE FOR THE BEST. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

View attachment 228550
Back in 1960 frozen to death, I made a very similar tool as an apprentice test piece. Unfortunately it was stored where it got wet & rusted beyond repair a decade later, otherwise it would now be useful, although built as a small metal bender.

While shopping for brass strips for a kit I found a new item for shop bench which has worked well.

Small needle applicator bottles purchased as set of six for $5.00 USD at local Hobby Lobby craft store.

3-10ml & 3-20ml plastic bottle with needle tips that come with silicone needle caps

I have filled one with wood glue and used on current project and it works great.

Small amount of glue just where you want it.
D6FE3F2A-99F0-410E-A76A-CFC82B755F5C.jpeg
Compared to 4 Oz bottle of Titebond

4B41338E-BEC3-44E5-A9D2-9920A0D28B9F.jpeg

518EB706-F7B3-4F6C-B869-BBE0B90A1FB1.jpeg

While shopping for brass strips for a kit I found a new item for shop bench which has worked well.

Small needle applicator bottles purchased as set of six for $5.00 USD at local Hobby Lobby craft store.

3-10ml & 3-20ml plastic bottle with needle tips that come with silicone needle caps

I have filled one with wood glue and used on current project and it works great.

View attachment 266311
Compared to 4 Oz bottle of Titebond

View attachment 266315

View attachment 266322
I use these. Cheap as chips and so long as you wipe the nozzle clean after every use (straight away) they last a long time. Because of the tiny hole they clog in a few minutes so apply glue, wipe nozzle, replace cap and then continue with clamping or whatever.

View attachment 266311
Compared to 4
Bought some too, on your recommendation. Shopping for this kind of stuff is dangerous for my wallet.....

Back