Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I own one, Roger. Absolutely love it, when used. Mine is an older version, it is not as swivel
That’s good to hear Jim. I am looking forward to putting it through it’s paces. I did lots of “review” reading before ordering it. I particularly like the ability to rotate 45 degrees either side of zero (I’ve yet to try that though). The blurb also says for detailed cuts using an optivisor it allows you to swivel the frame of the saw off to one side, to avoid the sawframe hitting the optivisor. I use my optivisor a lot so that sounds very useful too.

After having received last Friday great news regarding my health I am in a much better mindset and l will resume work on the "7 Provincien" again. Time to treat myself to something new in the workshop. I was lucky to find a used thicknesser at the right moment, the Proxxon DH40. Today I picked it up.
As some of you know I am, after an accident with my table saw (my own fault), not a big fan of that saw. Therefore I have adjusted the thickness of wooden pieces until now on the disc sander, not as precise/quick as can be done on this thicknesser. Looking forward to using it.

1661627793056.jpeg

After having received last Friday great news regarding my health I am in a much better mindset and l will resume work on the "7 Provincien" again. Time to treat myself to something new in the workshop. I was lucky to find a used thicknesser at the right moment, the Proxxon DH40. Today I picked it up.
As some of you know I am, after an accident with my table saw (my own fault), not a big fan of that saw. Therefore I have adjusted the thickness of wooden pieces until now on the disc sander, not as precise/quick as can be done on this thicknesser. Looking forward to using it.

View attachment 325720
My Lord! Those are expensive!

My Lord! Those are expensive!
Hi Kurt.
Yes, they are expensive, but not as expensive here in Europe as overseas and I payed about half the price of a new one for this used model in good condition. I was lucky as you don't find them used on a daily basis.
BTW I have bought most of my equipment secondhand to keep the costs under control. I consider it a sport on it's own.

Hi Kurt.
Yes, they are expensive, but not as expensive here in Europe as overseas and I payed about half the price of a new one for this used model in good condition. I was lucky as you don't find them used on a daily basis.
BTW I have bought most of my equipment secondhand to keep the costs under control. I consider it a sport on it's own.
Yes, it is fun searching the second hand market to find good buys. I did that too.

Hi Kurt.
Yes, it is fun searching the second hand market to find good buys. I did that too.
I can only agree, I also like to take a look at EBay and have been able to buy two tools for half the price. It's often worth it. Herrmann, I'm happy and envy you for the thickness planer, very nice.

View attachment 237841
this is the saw boxed up, it comes with a stand and also side and rear tables, cost of the saw was AUD 190, which
I thought was a great deal considering it come with three blades,

View attachment 237842
I will only attach the rear table extension, and I will not attach the legs as i have a bench that is just the right height
for the saw to sit on,

View attachment 237843
another couple of views,

View attachment 237844
it came with one blade fitted and two spare blades as well, on the right of the pic you can see the two side table
extensions and one of the legs,

View attachment 237845
it has a nice tight fence that you can use in two positions for smaller pieces or larger pieces, it also has rise and fall
function and also beveling

View attachment 237846
when I set up the fence and took it tight up against the blade the
marker showed spot on zero,

View attachment 237847
my Admiral really spoilt me, she also bought me a 125mm 5 speed sander, cost was AUD 50, which I thought
was another great bargain,

View attachment 237848
and a couple of pics,

View attachment 237849

PS I meant to say that they also include six sanding disc's, assorted grades,
That's exactly the same as my Lidl Parkside one.

Коллеги, какой моментальный? А потом у меня появилась аллергия на цианоакрилатный клей. Ищу замену.

Colleagues, what is instant? And then I got allergic to cyanoacrylate glue. I am looking for a replacement.
I too am alergic to superglue , so I now use 'odorless super glue' by Bob Smith Industries, I get no ill-effect from it now.

I have just taken a new chinese toy and realized that it will need an additional work table

View attachment 248142View attachment 248143View attachment 248144
That's the same as my Vevor lathe. I read a lot of reviews regarding these China models, put me off for several years, then when I saw Vevor offering their 7" x 14" one @ £390 delivered back in March, I went for it. I had to do some cleaning up & 'fettling' to make the tail stock smoother to operate. So far I used it to make the new spindle for my MF70 (E11 collets) & a batch of brass 4mm dia. sheaves, & axial holes in dowels etc.. All in all I happy with it.

Back