Rattlesnake by MS

Got those 2mm Falkonet blocks finally and these blocks will work nicely for the gun carriages. I'll still be using the Passaro blocks for the rigging, they actually look like real blocks but are slightly larger so no good for the gun carriages but for rigging I like them better.

These two carriages are underneath the forecastle and probably won't get seen at all, well maybe just a glimpse. Good practice though for the 10 guns on the main deck.

zdfhcgjx.jpgxcgvbmgfgd.jpg

Looking GREAT. Guess I need to start thinking about getting the correct sized blocks now.
Where ever you get your blocks from make sure you get enough from the same mfg, I got fed up waiting model expo on the 5mm double blocks so I ordered some from Chuck they are good but different wood from falkonet but the fiddel blocks look the same

Where ever you get your blocks from make sure you get enough from the same mfg, I got fed up waiting model expo on the 5mm double blocks so I ordered some from Chuck they are good but different wood from falkonet but the fiddel blocks look the same
Thanks for the tip. Not familiar with Chuck. How do I find his website? I'm still new at this and don't know all the suppliers.

Last edited:

I used the 3/64 and 1/8 size single blocks and the 1/8 double blocks for 90%+ of Syren. Besides ordinary sewing thread for some of the rigging Chuck sells .20mm and .30mm tan thread which I used for most of the running rigging.
Just checked. 2mm single and double blocks sold out. Was going to use for cannon tackle. 1/8th inch in stock. Guess i'll order some to at least start an account.

Back