Rattlesnake by MS

I edited my message. The translator is stupid

Holy Fu** I cannot believe I rigged those upper deadeyes upside down...all of them. Well....the shrouds are all the correct lengths so it's just a matter of snipping the tan lanyards, rotating the deadeyes and rigging them again. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Deep.

I tried a "proof of concept" ala NASA and re-rigged a couple of the deadeyes on the lower shrouds. On the left you'll see the incorrect orientation of the upper deadeye, on the right there are two deadeyes with the correct orientation. With the shrouds and sheer poles all locked in it's pretty simple to fix all the incorrect deadeyes as pointed out by Mr. Deep. I just couldn't sleep tonight without seeing if it could be done, turns out to be rather time consuming but easy to fix. That'll be tomorrow.

sfdgdgsf.jpg

Or maybe if you tie lanyards,darken them.Lanyards as well as the shrouds themselves need to be tated.They were also dark in color.And the chicken should also be dark.View attachment 179733View attachment 179734View attachment 179735View attachment 179737View attachment 179736

I won't be darkening them. I like the contrast in colors. The directions for Syren explicitly indicate tan rigging for the lanyards. So maybe an American ship thing versus British? This string also goes into some detail: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/15302-lanyard-question/

I can see possibly dirtying the lanyards up a bit but Rattlesnake will keep her tan deadeye lanyards.

Standing rigging cables (especially at the lower masts) are one of the most powerful on a ship.
Suffice it to say that when calculating the diameters of the rigging cables, the diameter of the mainsail cable - the thickest rigging cable-is taken as the basis - 1 (in turn, the mainsail diameter is calculated as 0.166 of the maximum diameter of the mainmast).Other diameters are calculated using coefficients relative to this unit

Standing rigging cables (especially at the lower masts) are one of the most powerful on a ship.
Suffice it to say that when calculating the diameters of the rigging cables, the diameter of the mainsail cable - the thickest rigging cable-is taken as the basis - 1 (in turn, the mainsail diameter is calculated as 0.166 of the maximum diameter of the mainmast).Other diameters are calculated using coefficients relative to this unit

Yep makes sense to me. But again, the diameters of all my rigging is per the plans. Maybe I should contact the manufacturer and complain?

Shrouds - cables that hold the masts from the sides.The cables of the shrouds are one of the most powerful on the ship.Their diameter for the fore and mainsail is approximately 0.8 of the mainsail diameter, and for the mizzen 0.5 of the mainsail diameter.
The number of shrouds depends on the size of the ship, the height of the masts and the area of the sails.

Got some good work in today. Finished the lower shroud ratlines for the fore mast. After ratting up I placed a bit of glue on each section and then put some pressure downwards using a wooden dowel. After the glue is set after a few seconds a nice "sway" is introduced. After doing this for the lower 2/3 of the ratlines I followed up with some black paint to take the shine of the glue off. It's not perfect but better than perfectly square ratlines.

Also stepped the topmast for the fore, tomorrow I'll finish that with some black paint and then start in with the lower shroud ratlines for the main mast.

fgbdfxv.jpgzxbxfbv.jpg

Back