Re: Royal William 1/48 scale

694.jpg
For those of you who have not seen the tissue boxes here are a couple of pics, I've already cut some of the lid out,

695.jpg
close up, you can see they are very detailed, I will use some of these panells for the side galleries,

696.jpg
and this is the basis for the figure head,

best regards John,

Well after the Covid I thought every thing was settling down, then my admiral had a fall in the bathroom and broke her left shoulder, she is in hospital at the moment and will have to have her left arm in a sling for at least six weeks, so I haven't done much to my models, here is a catch up,

698.jpg
before Gilding,

699.jpg
and a close up,

700.jpg
after gilding the upper stern,

701.jpg
and a close up,

702.jpg
Been doing some shopping again, I was looking for something for the side gallery rails and found these,

703.jpg
without the glass bowls,

704.jpg
and after cutting them away, i wish that i had found them sooner as I would have used one type for the lower galleries stern and side and the other for the other ones, ah well what will be will be,

Thank you for looking in,

best regards john,

Well after the Covid I thought every thing was settling down, then my admiral had a fall in the bathroom and broke her left shoulder, she is in hospital at the moment and will have to have her left arm in a sling for at least six weeks, so I haven't done much to my models, here is a catch up,

View attachment 307715
before Gilding,

View attachment 307716
and a close up,

View attachment 307717

View attachment 307718
and a close up,

View attachment 307719
Been doing some shopping again, I was looking for something for the side gallery rails and found these,

View attachment 307720
without the glass bowls,

View attachment 307721
and after cutting them away, i wish that i had found them sooner as I would have used one type for the lower galleries stern and side and the other for the other ones, ah well what will be will be,

best regards john,
Hi John, sorry to hear. All the best with the recovery of your admiral.

View attachment 307715
before Gilding,

View attachment 307716
and a close up,

View attachment 307717

View attachment 307718
and a close up,

View attachment 307719

View attachment 307720
without the glass bowls,

View attachment 307721

best regards john,
Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your admiral, hopefully she makes a speedy recovery.

Regards,
Stephen.

John, just wonderful work. I admire your imagination and creativity. I think sometimes these things work only when the modeler has an "artistic eye", which of course you possess. The balance you've achieved between the decorative elements and the functional element of the ship are to be applauded. Not having an "artistic eye", I appreciate your skill that much more.

Really nice work.

Ken

John, just wonderful work. I admire your imagination and creativity. I think sometimes these things work only when the modeler has an "artistic eye", which of course you possess. The balance you've achieved between the decorative elements and the functional element of the ship are to be applauded. Not having an "artistic eye", I appreciate your skill that much more.

Really nice work.

Ken

Thank you for your nice comments Ken,

best regards John.

712.jpg
Next up was to fit the rear gallery floors, they are carved and gilded and painted,

713.jpg
the tops of a couple of the tissue box's were solid so I decided to cut the carved sections from these, i made a template of the area, and marked it on the box lid then cut it out,

714.jpg
Test fitting the plastic carved piece,

715.jpg
and CA gluing the carved part to the ply sub deck, still a bit of trimming to do yet,

716.jpg
and how the panel will look when fixed in place,

717.jpg
I have gilded the panel, when this is dry I will give it a coat of varnish before adding the red and blue highlights, the varnish seals the gilding, if you dont varnish it when you add the paint it can lift and mix the gilding and the paint together, if you know what I mean, I still have to trim this along the back line,

best regards John.

Back