Re: Royal William 1/48 scale

Very nice John, love the work on the gallery. If you redo the window frames I would indeed go thinner if that is feasible. In a picture it always looks simple untill you have to do it.

Thank you Maarten for the nice comments, I still have to catch up on your plank on frame build, I have been struggling these last few weeks, I had a double cortisone injection in my left shoulder and it is steadily coming better and I also had to have a cortisone injection into the palm of my left hand, that one really hurt but the hand is getting better, I guess I am just feeling a little bit on the down side but that should turn around soon.
Sorry i am rambling on a bit.

I hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you all the best for a Happy Healthy and prosperous New Year,

best regards your friend John.

Thank you Maarten for the nice comments, I still have to catch up on your plank on frame build, I have been struggling these last few weeks, I had a double cortisone injection in my left shoulder and it is steadily coming better and I also had to have a cortisone injection into the palm of my left hand, that one really hurt but the hand is getting better, I guess I am just feeling a little bit on the down side but that should turn around soon.
Sorry i am rambling on a bit.

I hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you all the best for a Happy Healthy and prosperous New Year,

best regards your friend John.
wish you a fast and complete recovery - keep care
and also all the Best for 2021 - it will be much much better than the last one

Hi John,

Hope you get well soon, you can allways already study on a next build :) to chear you up.
Here all fine, allthough we are still in a partial Covid lockdown, but healthy and happy so for us no reasons to complain.

G'day Maarten, talking about studying for the next build, this will be one of them sometime in the future ???,
1.jpg

I bought this off Face Book Market Place just three or four streets from where i live, all 135 issues and contents are there, I paid AUD $500, the man that was selling the kit said he did not have enough time to build her, all he had managed to do was the basic frame work, see below,

2.jpg

7.jpg
All these Tools are new and never been used they all came with the ship and also the six containers in the last pic,
a lot of these tools i will be selling, so i think I ended up with a great deal, now I just have to keep my hands off
for awhile, OK thats long enough,

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

These are some pics from the net of a built Sovereign of the Sea's, I do not know who to give credit to for the model or pics all i can say is that he or she has done a really great job of building her and if mine comes out as half as nice I will be pleased,

View attachment 209419

View attachment 209420

View attachment 209421

View attachment 209422

if anybody knows who built this model I would like to know so I can give them the credit they deserve,

Admin if it is not OK to post these pics you can remove them,

best regards john,

Hi John,

This is the Sergal kit, not the Deagostini one.
There are deagostini kits build here in the kit section which are bashed. With some bashing she will change into a great model.

Thank you Maarten for that info, I will go look at the ones in the kit section,

best regards John.
Hi John,

See here Kurt's project

I have been running low on these plastic cocktail forks, I originally bought them 40 odd years ago when building my model of the Prince,

13 (Copy).jpg

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...lt-from-plans-by-amati-built-by-neptune.1317/

I had made a mould and had cast some extra's but have been on the look out for some more, well my luck came in and a couple of weeks ago I managed to buy another 66 of them so I should have enough to see me through,

IMG20210402153108.jpg
the ones I just bought,

IMG20210402153104.jpg
and a close up,

G'day John, I just spent an enjoyable couple of hours looking through your build while I'm away working, cant wait to see more mate, thanks a lot !!

G'day John, I just spent an enjoyable couple of hours looking through your build while I'm away working, cant wait to see more mate, thanks a lot !!
Thank you very much for the nice comments, I'm glad you enjoyed the build, i have to get back to it soon,

best regards john.

Well I thought it was time to get back onto the Royal William, so here we go,

649.jpg
I have started attaching the window frames to the rear galleries, I'm still not certain whether i will glaze them or not
there is a lot of gilt painting to be done and I might wait till that is finished and then see if I can glaze them after the
painting, lots of trim and other bits to add yet,

650.jpg
These new mini drills are realy great for the light stuff, i havnt had chance to try them on any heavy work yet,

651.jpg
and three pics of the windows i have attached, still needs a bit of filling and sanding yet,

652.jpg

653.jpg
thanks for looking in,

best regards john,

Back