Re: Royal William 1/48 scale

G'day all, managed to get a bit done, have had a busy month with the Admiral not being well,

816.jpg
I've painted the front bulkhead and marked the round house for its port hole,

817.jpg
the port holes I turned up from some spare brass rod i had,

818.jpg
one glued in place just needs a little bit of filler to be sanded,

best regards John.

819.jpg
I needed some columns to go across the bulkhead and roundhouses, I had some of these Artesania Latina ones, but not enough and they were too short,

820.jpg
So I cut the bottom off one and CA glued it and the column to a thin piece of plywood, The plywood acts as a stop to stop the column going into the plasticene too much, above pic shows on the right the original column and on the left the original column with the extra piece glued on top,

821.jpg
I then rolled out some plasticene and pressed the taller column into it, I did cover the column with a little bit of machine oil, not too much just enough to act as a release agent, I also did some port lid covers as well,

822.jpg
Then I mixed up some car body filler and covered the mould, after the filler had dried I removed it and trimmed out the Columns, the columns came out OK but not the Rigols, I will probably have to use resin for them,

thanks for looking in,

best regards John.

I forgot to take a pic of the columns as they came out of the mould,

823.jpg
These are the columns after being gilded ans attached, I've also attached the false rails across the front, they are not absolutley fantastic but i am pleased with them, I still have to make and attach the two pieces of railing at each end of the roundhouses, still got lots of trimming and painting to do yet,

824.jpg
another couple of views,

825.jpg

once again thanks for looking in,

Best regards john,

I forgot to take a pic of the columns as they came out of the mould,

View attachment 343240
These are the columns after being gilded ans attached, I've also attached the false rails across the front, they are not absolutley fantastic but i am pleased with them, I still have to make and attach the two pieces of railing at each end of the roundhouses, still got lots of trimming and painting to do yet,

View attachment 343241
another couple of views,

View attachment 343242

once again thanks for looking in,

Best regards john,
Nice solution for the columns John,

Cheers,
Stephen.

826.jpg
the doors and the gun port lids cut and test fitting,

827.jpg
after fitting the hinges,

828.jpg
Just making sure all is well,

829.jpg
and another view,

830.jpg
and a close up,

832.jpg
after painting, these are still not glued yet I have to attach the lifting ropes to the lids,

831.jpg

Thanks again for looking in,

Best regards john,

836.jpg
A couple of pics looking through the Transom ports after installing the lighting and temporarily attaching the deck above the gun deck, for some reason these came out brighter with the camera than looking with the naked eye,

837.jpg

838.jpg

thanks for looking in,

Best regards john,

Hello John, I have not been on the form much at all since last spring due to house hold chores, cooking, care giving and all of those good things. Truth is that I was just to tired out to work in the Old Ship Yard. Now Bernadette is improving quite a bit and helping out this leaves me more free time, it's nice to be back.
I was surprised that I found you working on your Royal William again and what a fantastic job you are doing on her, Well Done.
We take this time to wish you and Maureen a Very Merry Christmas and an even better and Happier New Year To Come.
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence

Hello John, I have not been on the form much at all since last spring due to house hold chores, cooking, care giving and all of those good things. Truth is that I was just to tired out to work in the Old Ship Yard. Now Bernadette is improving quite a bit and helping out this leaves me more free time, it's nice to be back.
I was surprised that I found you working on your Royal William again and what a fantastic job you are doing on her, Well Done.
We take this time to wish you and Maureen a Very Merry Christmas and an even better and Happier New Year To Come.
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence

Thank you Lawrence, Maureen and I wish you the same in return, I'm glad to hear that Bernadette is improving and thing's are settling down for you both, Maureen is on a bit of a roller coaster ride up and down all over the place, it's one day at a time at the moment, hopefully the New Year will bring some relief, anyway enjoy your Christmas we will be thinking of you both, lots of love,

Best regards Maureen and John,

840.jpg
Before I can attach the next deck up I have several things to add to the gun deck, one of them being the Mesenger and the Anchor cables, so i got out my old rope machine, a full size view of the machine, It doesn't make endless rope but the pieces are enough for a 1/48 scale 104 gun ship,

841.jpg
the head of the machine showing the four whirls,

842.jpg
The top,set up with the threads going over and around the top, I used six threads on each hook for this rope,

843.jpg
Showing three ropes made up, the largest I will use for the Anchor cable,

844.jpg
and a close up,

thank you for visiting,

best regards john.

View attachment 349557
Before I can attach the next deck up I have several things to add to the gun deck, one of them being the Mesenger and the Anchor cables, so i got out my old rope machine, a full size view of the machine, It doesn't make endless rope but the pieces are enough for a 1/48 scale 104 gun ship,

View attachment 349558
the head of the machine showing the four whirls,

View attachment 349559
The top,set up with the threads going over and around the top, I used six threads on each hook for this rope,

View attachment 349560
Showing three ropes made up, the largest I will use for the Anchor cable,

View attachment 349561
and a close up,

thank you for visiting,

best regards john.
My Dear friend john
I would like to point out that you make excellent ropes Exclamation-Mark :) Okay

Back