Revell USS Constitution 1:96 build log

I think everyone knows I intend to put a wooden deck on my plastic USS Constitution. I need a recommendation: should I just use one long strip and make it look like the strip is cut (by drawing a dark line across it), or should I actually cut the strips? I bought two packages of 10-minute epoxy so I should get better adhesion.
Hi John. Personally, on the gun deck, I would draw lines across remembering that the boards are staggered as they hit cross beams. It would be a one-piece deck with holes cutout for masts. Every other board hits a cross beam in a different spot. On the spar deck I would cut them since they are more visible. Only my opinion.

Hi John. Personally, on the gun deck, I would draw lines across remembering that the boards are staggered as they hit cross beams. It would be a one-piece deck with holes cutout for masts. Every other board hits a cross beam in a different spot. On the spar deck I would cut them since they are more visible. Only my opinion.
Thank you.

Need input. On the upper gun deck my instructions call for gunales (sp)?) To be painted white, but pictures of the USS Constitutions show that they are green. Should I go with white or green.
I have been out of action for a couple of years and just getting back to my models. As you are probably aware I am doing a plastic and a wood of the Constitution.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving
I've always gone with green.

Bill

Why they picked green, I have no idea.
Many old foliage green paints contained a pigment called 'Scheele's Green, which was actually made by combining copper and arsenic, which made it a very effective rot-proof and bug-proof coating. The hull was a mix of white oak and live oak from Georgia and wouldn't need this, but much of the internal joinery was southern white pine, which would probably benefit from a coat of fungicide. Copper Arsenate paints were understood to be toxic to nearby humans by the end of the 19th century and were no longer used with abandon, but they are still found in old houses in England, often buried under layers of more modern paint.

Back