Revenge 1577 1/64 Victory Models/Amati

Been itching to start a POF model but decided to finish a couple projects that I have already started, continuing with the pear planking on my Revenge. I thought the 5mm planking provided in the kit was out of scale (too wide) so I’ve been using 4mm wide planks - takes a lot more planks but looks better to me. IMG_0003.jpegIMG_0004.jpegIMG_0005.jpeg

Hi Lou - long time no hear. The pear wood looks exquisite, and you did an excellent job of planking the hull. She is really shaping up to be a piece of eye candy. Thumbsup

Thanks Heinrich, it has been a while, I need to re-visit my Bluenose as well, so many interests and some health issues interfering as well, I appreciate you remembering me! Kurt, I bought some really nice Pearwood from Keim Lumber in Ohio and also some very excellent Pear billets from: https://modellbau-holz.jimdo.com/ which I processed with my band saw and Byrnes Table saw and made my own planks.

I love the Revenge... she has curved, style and flair. She is built to fly with the wind...

Last edited:
Back