Riva Aquarama 1970 by Amati [COMPLETED BUILD]

In the meantime the model is completed and final photos can be found here:

My Congratulations also here in the building log - very well done

Just a tip! Make sure you fare off the forward bulkheads quite a lot. I fared them for the side planking but not enough because having completed 2 layers of planking and fitted the limewood deck I found the foredeck was just over 1cm too long! I therefore had to do a work around on the top deck side panels! I think it looks OK though. I found fitting the instrument switches very fiddly because the holes were rather too large for the switches even after several coats of varnish. I wish now I had fitted the switches before permanently fitting the dashboard into place. Perhaps a better idea would have been to temporally fit the dashboard in place with a bit if double sided tape in order to correctly position the top of the dashboard strips correctly. Once done, I would have then removed the front of the dashboard and fit the switches on a flat surface. I hope you don't feel 'I'm trying to tell Grannie how to suck eggs'!!
,View attachment 338600

View attachment 338601uView attachment 338602

Also, when you get to fitting the saxboards I found this a bit of a challenge because of curves in two directions! My next job is painting below the waterline white. I'm waiting for the varnish to harden off before applying masking tape. I had a bit of a disaster earlier with the masking tape! See my thread on Amati Riva Aquarama for use on water.Camcan

Can I ask where you brought the kit or plan!
Hi,

My wife bought it online from Hobbies for my 70th birthday. She said she had to keep checking for the kit being available because as soon as they got stock in they were sold! Excellent kit with good wood and fittings. Instructions are pretty good but a bit more detail in certain places would have been helpful. I've finally finished the painting and varnishing of the hull. I just need to burnish out the dust flecks before starting to apply the fittings. Good luck

Back