Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

My previous kit construction has been completed.
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://modelshipworld.com/topic/14770-hms-president-by-ondras71-finished-sergal-modified/ [/ URL]

Another construction I started in 2017 is a build from scratch. I've decided for a 16th century galleon, which I always liked, specifically the 1597 Roter Lowe..

I've had the 1:60 plan at home for many years, it's a copy of a well-known German plan..

plán Roter Lowe (2) .jpg
plán Roter Lowe (1) .jpg
plán Roter Lowe (3) .jpg
plán Roter Lowe (5) .jpg
plán Roter Lowe (4) .jpg

For the construction I use light and dark cherry wood, maple wood, brass..

dřevo třešeň.  (1) .jpg
dřevo třešeň.  (2) .jpg
Ondras. :)

Hello Ondras, I am impressed with your accurate build. Particularly with your treenails and the way you made them. I have seen this method on one of the Russian forum, and if I am correct, it was shown by Aleksandr Dobrenko (passed away last year). If you don't mind, to you show us the tool\material and steps you have taken to made them? I am almost positive, there will be more of us who would love to know about those treenails and the way you make them.

Many, many thanks in advance...

Hello Ondras, I am impressed with your accurate build. Particularly with your treenails and the way you made them. I have seen this method on one of the Russian forum, and if I am correct, it was shown by Aleksandr Dobrenko (passed away last year). If you don't mind, to you show us the tool\material and steps you have taken to made them? I am almost positive, there will be more of us who would love to know about those treenails and the way you make them.

Many, many thanks in advance...

Hello. I looked at this system and chose it. The beginnings are challenging, but after learning everything goes well. Drilled with a medical needle with an inner hole of 0.65 mm. Holes in the hull also 0.65 mm..
Drilled by drill, fast, otherwise it burns. The obligation of drilling in the direction of flight of wood..Thumbsup

výroba kolíčků na vrtacím stojanu (1).JPG
výroba kolíčků na vrtacím stojanu (2).JPG

Sealed with tape to prevent pin loss and cut off at the saw.
výroba kolíčků na vrtacím stojanu (4).JPGprvních 250 kolíčků...JPG

The base is different wood color to make the pins visible ..

Hello Ondras, Is it possible to provide us a link (internet site) where you have purchased 0.8mm black paper? Image is a bit blurry :( , and we cannot recover the brand name and other information.

Thank you,

The seal was first made out of plain paper, it has a thickness of 0.15 mm, which is many ..
View attachment 133090View attachment 133089View attachment 133091

Fixed, now use 0.08 mm thick paper from England..
View attachment 133086View attachment 133088View attachment 133087

This paper is used by the best modelers from the Czech Republic..

Petr Šimek - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=112641
Vladimír Mareš - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=123547
Thank you very much for the prompt response. And that's the difference between the master model and "good enough" model - willingness and skill to redo it. Please, keep the pictures coming, a lot to learn.

Hello Ondras, Is it possible to provide us a link (internet site) where you have purchased 0.8mm black paper? Image is a bit blurry :( , and we cannot recover the brand name and other information.

Thank you,
It is this paper no. 62536, parchment, faint and firm, does not stack.
I no longer know where I bought it, it must be sought.

Back