Royal Louis 1/200 Heller

Cross Jack Yard

I've already made one a year ago, but looking on it now it's ugly. New one is from 4x4 pear strip. Job is pretty easy, but it took me some material to make one which didn't break
DSC_0172.JPG
DSC_0168.JPG
DSC_0173.JPG

I've tried to make a more complex version with "faked" middle part and better edges. That didn't go so well. Maybe if material was thicker it would work, but it kept shaking and I couldn't make straight line
DSC_0169.JPG DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

Last edited:
3.07.22 Update.

I've placed Cross-Jack yard, Mizen top sail yard and Mizzen topgalant. Only Mizzen yard and Spritsail-yard left to put. After finishing with yards only tackles and some back stays will be left to take care:). I also realised I need a smal ship to work on when I'm weary of repetitiveness in L'Ocean. Thus there's option for another heller ship:)

Another thing I've noticed. These pulleys look so funny compared to yards. Like big head with small bodyROTF. I knew it before that they were too big, but now when I looked through so many real ships it's soo wierd and funny

DSC_0251.JPGDSC_0252.JPGDSC_0253.JPGDSC_0254.JPG

10.07.22 Uptade

Placed mizzen yard only without brails for operating mizzen course.

It also shows my biggest mistakesa in this model- too dark decks and some poorly made(off hand) wooden elements
DSC_0260.JPG
DSC_0261.JPG
DSC_0262.JPG
DSC_0263.JPG
DSC_0264.JPG

You made a very good job on the rigging of the bowsprit. Thumbsup

On the last photo I realized the total length of the mizzen yard, which is looking very long, maybe too long comparing with the contemporary drawing
DSC_0271.JPG Dessin-p-pujet-supposc3a9-reprc3a9sentc3a9-le-royal-louis-16692.jpg

Last edited:
The rigging is finished. There're only port lids to add, but there's to little of them and for now I don't know what I'll do with them.
It's likely this's the last update.I hope you like it, despite my mistakes big and little. Ther's so much potential in this little ships you just have to know where to look for upgrades and extras. Most of my elements is oversized, but I think does not interfere with the view.

DSC 1.JPGDSC 2.JPGDSC 4.JPGDSC 5.JPG
DSC 6.JPGDSC 7.JPGDSC 8.JPG
DSC 9.JPGDSC 10.JPG

Back