San felipe 1690 zhl kit 1:50

Been bussy with handrails. Had to use lot of my own wood because quality of the kits wood is not that good. Was also not enough. Fixed 1 side so when second side is done i have to cut the wood that sticks out and sand and varnish the rail. Did some work on the inside and had a damaged piece of 1 deck so made a new floor on top.after this gonna close the square holes in the decks because i lost 1 cannon already and cant get it out any more. WorKing with some tranquillizers so bit dizzy. Tnx for watching.

Tnx maarten. Gonna order it. Still didnt leave the house for 4 months now. Goes better in the evening. Just back from 20 minutes walk around the appartement complex. Was after 2300 hour Shops are closed at this time...... hope to go out in day time soon.

G'day Pat, first of all i hope you are feeling a lot better, and secondly all I can say is Wow you have come a long way since i last visited, I hope to keep up to date from now on,

best regards John.

PS I just got to catch up on all the other builds now,

Bussy with lathe machine to make the poles of (sorry still dont know the name of it) maybe some one can tell me if you see the pictures. I downloaded the mantua manual as extra guide beside the zhl manual. Mantua writes to paint them black on zhl its dark Brown. So what to do.

20190113_115015.jpg

Hi Pat, Looks like the device you are working on called bitts. They form 'Five Rails'. Usually located at the base of the masts. Those placed near the masts fitted with sheaves, through which, for example, sails were reeved and then belayed at the bitt heads.
I like the way you turned them, looking forward to seeing them assembled. :)

I stepped in my car tonight and drove a bit through the neighberhood. Never thought i would do that again but i did after 4 months inside. I am also bussy to quit smoking. Smoked half the sigars i normaly do last 2 days. Want to save the money i dont spend on smoking for a nice kit after i finished the soleil royal that i hope to build after the San felipe is finnished.

Hi Pat

You are doing a great job on your ship, it is nice to see your progress.

Well done in going out side, step by step thats all you have to do.
Wish I could give up my pipe, yes I did say pipe :D:po_O.

Denis.

Back