Santisima Trinidad Cross-Section 1:90 Kit Build

If you cant get it. You can try to iuse pear and colour it with ink.
I have used Aero colour from Schminke this pigmented ink and works very good.
See an example below the color on the right.
20200422_120402.jpg

OK, so I found the OcCre home website, and used the spare parts link to request a new piece of lumber.

Now to wait and see if they send one. Good thing I have other projects to keep me busy in the mean time.

Great job to date - can't wait to reach your expertise. What kind of "shop" or workshop do you have?
Cheers, Derek

I have big tools in garage, scroll saw, belt and disc sander and spindle sander.

My work area, is also known as kitchen table...….

But that doesn't include the shelf in closet in back room with kits in storage.

You must have a supportive partner. Mine has me relegated to my office where I have added a work desk. She complains about noise and smells. 6 months of the year to cold to work in the garage. Will need to rethink this as I get more involved in the "hobby" or obsession. Thanks D.starting 2020.png.

I do have a 3rd bedroom in house I have full of my model railroad hobby stuff, and stacks of things to work on filling shelves. But for some reason the Admiral insist I keep a small bed in room for when my son comes to visit, as it was his room years ago. I have it piled with tools and books as well.

Ok my project has been on hold while I search for replacement wood I ran out of.

I had emailed OcCre months ago and never heard a word back from them.

Today in the mail I got a surprise package!

Small tube with replacement wood strip in it along with catalog!

Now tonstate work again!

AD1FD95F-41D8-4CDC-B9F7-09973EE2B795.jpeg73E07660-556F-48F3-8334-7EA3C2E5231A.jpeg

5AC5F607-36E6-4ECA-A148-F3F7A1EEECCE.jpeg27358959-F7DD-4B6A-827F-3830F33F0123.jpeg

Well after a year break and house purchase along with moving workshop which is still a mess but I pulled out my cross section kit to resume work on it!

So after some review and checking where I left off I got new wood attached today!

I measured from opposite side to gap top rows of whales on back side of hull.

Now to wait on glue to dry and start filling in hull planks between whales.

Then get it all a good sanding to even up with other parts of hull

I can say it’s not perfect but it’s my first time to use individual length planks on exterior.

Ok more slow progress. On upper deck beam I cut beam as indicated at 45 angle and added new upper beam crossing the gap resting on ends of lower beams previously cut out

image.jpg

image.jpg

And how mine came out
04FFF109-9C34-4541-942C-92FB57B9F3C9.jpeg

And I finally got side planks glued in on second side. Now to cut out cannon holes and sand smooth.

1FCF4E8F-A0EF-497B-913D-4C31DD1ECF64.jpeg

Next up is installing channels and boarding steps and the majority of hull work will be done

So for this weeks work I got last of whales and planks sanded down.

I install gunwales on top of each side
D07FAEAF-5BD1-47FB-A061-BCA0EB870B6A.jpeg

And then after I found where I had stored them I installed the channels for chain plates on each side
FD8578BA-482A-4CEE-9477-06787FCBBA8D.jpeg

Now all that is left on hull structure are to install boarding steps. That should allow for final clear coat of oil and then to move one to working the outfitting of hull and start on mast, sails and rigging!

Slowly getting there but I am back working in shipyard again so a I can’t complain too much

Kurt

Good to see you back at the bench Kurt. Thumbsup I would revisit those gunports though - some of them do not look at all that square. ;)

Okiedokie. That makes perfect sense! My bad!

Ok more progress on the cross section this week.

I tried my best at attaching base runners for the boarding ladder steps.

Lack of clear drawing on placement didn’t help at all

After glue dries I will goes back and add thin steps to each base. Then on to the other side

3163DBE3-8B29-4EE0-B369-29C10591DA78.jpeg

Back