SCAM with kits

to create an E-com site is very expensive so many small businesses are turning to E-com shopping sites where they handle secure shopping and templates to build your store. These are your virtual shopping malls. It is very unlikely you will get ripped off from a transaction, however what you get may or may not be what you expected.

these shopping malls are not responsible for the products only the transactions and the processing of the orders.

I suspect the product offered in these shopping malls are the same a manufacture would offer anywhere else. It would be pointless for a kit maker to produce a
cheap version for a mall and a high end kit to be sold at another web location.

View attachment 122377View attachment 122378View attachment 122379View attachment 122380View attachment 122381View attachment 122382View attachment 122383View attachment 122384

Why don't you just edit this post and take the photos off, it might save a lot of confusion and avoid any repercussions, I for one have dealt with AliExpress a lot also Modelers Central and have never had any problems, just my thoughts,

Best regards John,

Why don't you just edit this post and take the photos off, it might save a lot of confusion and avoid any repercussions, I for one have dealt with AliExpress a lot also Modelers Central and have never had any problems, just my thoughts,

Best regards John,

that is a good thought so I just deleted the post your right it is confusing

Some eBay sellers have ridiculously low prices . They have a profile with almost no reviews and they delete it after a few weeks.
This seller has positive reviews but probably from other products. He sells cheaper than shipping cost lol

Some eBay sellers have ridiculously low prices . They have a profile with almost no reviews and they delete it after a few weeks.
This seller has positive reviews but probably from other products. He sells cheaper than shipping cost lol
I think this seller, usually selling some completely different things, but also for higher prices, seems reliable
I personally check not only the feedbacks, but also the things which were sold to get these positive feedbacks.
Once I has an ebay dealer, selling high value model cars (I am collecting model cars) for half of the normal price. He had some hundreds of positive feedbacks, so why not -> but checking the stuff he sold before - plastic jewels for 1,99 $ - without postage costs. He had Paypal also.
I was too hungry (and stupid) and wanted these cars, so I ordered one and paid via Paypal. After some days I received the info about sending with tracking number -> I though everything fine - JuHu......
After 3 weeks waiting a DHL envelope arrived - inside was a plastic jewel of 0,01 cent value.
In the meantime the seller received already some negative feedbacks (after he sold on ebay maybe 30 modelcars for appr. 20.000 Euro)
Due to the fact, that he was sending a parcel with tracking number, Paypal requested from myself, that I had to go to the police and make an official report, for a criminal act of fraud. Took me some hours there, because I had to convince the police that the seller was doing an illegal action (here you have to show the feedbacks on ebay etc.... so you need a lot of evidence to show it)
After a longer discussion I got also back my money - but a lot of time lost......
Summary: There are criminals outside, who are preparing such big fraud actions very well

After a longer discussion I got also back my money

Indeed buyer beware. In the long run, you got your money back. It might be more difficult in Austria. Here in the states we simply contest the purchase with PayPal and they handle the rest. No police, no evidence gathering, nothing... consumer protection insurance act.

Has anyone ACTUALLY gotten ripped off and not got their money back? I would like to hear about those cases.

I think this seller, usually selling some completely different things, but also for higher prices, seems reliable
I personally check not only the feedbacks, but also the things which were sold to get these positive feedbacks.
Once I has an ebay dealer, selling high value model cars (I am collecting model cars) for half of the normal price. He had some hundreds of positive feedbacks, so why not -> but checking the stuff he sold before - plastic jewels for 1,99 $ - without postage costs. He had Paypal also.
I was too hungry (and stupid) and wanted these cars, so I ordered one and paid via Paypal. After some days I received the info about sending with tracking number -> I though everything fine - JuHu......
After 3 weeks waiting a DHL envelope arrived - inside was a plastic jewel of 0,01 cent value.
In the meantime the seller received already some negative feedbacks (after he sold on ebay maybe 30 modelcars for appr. 20.000 Euro)
Due to the fact, that he was sending a parcel with tracking number, Paypal requested from myself, that I had to go to the police and make an official report, for a criminal act of fraud. Took me some hours there, because I had to convince the police that the seller was doing an illegal action (here you have to show the feedbacks on ebay etc.... so you need a lot of evidence to show it)
After a longer discussion I got also back my money - but a lot of time lost......
Summary: There are criminals outside, who are preparing such big fraud actions very well
That is so true.
I have seen sellers ocassionaly selling coins for a few cents as well as models in very low prices.
The seller I mentioned also has positive reviews but from selling other items.
Too bad to hear that you have to go to the police and fill in a report. Good you got your money back though.

Yes there are some strange things that go on eBay, there was a seller offering a 16 Gig SD card for 1 dollar free shipping and if you bought it he would refund your 1 dollar back to your pay pal A/C within so many days, so I paid the dollar and received the SD card which worked perfectly, I was also credited the dollar back to my A/C, I sent him a message asking why, and he said that he just wanted to say thanks to all that supported him on eBay,

PayPal does not give you protection either. Years ago I purchased a service which turned out to be a fraud. I asked PP for a full refund. After a few days they came back with a 50% refund offer. I was sticking to my guns and wanted a 100% refund. I told them this and I did not receive anything, not a cent back. I would happily change pP for anything better if such a thing would exist...
Janos

PayPal does not give you protection either. Years ago I purchased a service which turned out to be a fraud. I asked PP for a full refund. After a few days they came back with a 50% refund offer. I was sticking to my guns and wanted a 100% refund. I told them this and I did not receive anything, not a cent back. I would happily change pP for anything better if such a thing would exist...
Janos
It depends on multiple factors when PayPal decides about the refund. Like a type of a product purchased, whether it was a service, a physical product, a consulting or a virtual product e.g. eBook. Then the next factor is a type of transaction e.g. personal or a merchant. Also, it is important to have a fast response when PayPal asks for additional details related to fraud. And other factors that are hidden from us - customers. Sorry to hear about your experience with PayPal.

I have never had any problems with PayPal, any problems with a seller and they sorted everything out OK, same thing with Ali Express, I bought two packs of timber strips and one pack was the same as the photo on their website and the other was entirely different, the seller said it came from a different part of the tree and was the same wood, so I lodged a complaint and sent photos of both the packs, Ali express came back and said that I could either pay for my shipping and send both packs back and get a full refund, or that I could keep both packs and get a refund for different pack, which is what I did, bolstered my confidence enormously in Ali Express,

Does not mean he is a scam. He even accepts PayPal. Is there some problem with getting a great price?
I sent him a question and didn't reply.
He has 0 reviews from selling this product.
We are not talking about great price. He's actually paying the buyer as overseas shipping cost of such a big item itshelf, is over 20USD.

If you check local China model sites, the more expensive kits like the Bonhomme Richard and the Le Requin sell for about $ 500.00 less than what we are asked to pay on established sites. Smaller less expensive models sell for about $ 100.00 less on the average. The devaluation is trading 7 Yuan to the dollar and even less. This makes it possible for sellers undercutting the regular price levels by much

This makes it possible for sellers undercutting the regular price levels by much

Correct... and with free shipping this results in a very good deal.

I just got the brand new 2019 HK Models release of the B-17G 1:48 scale for $91. The stateside MSRP will be $139.95 I believe.

If you check local China model sites, the more expensive kits like the Bonhomme Richard and the Le Requin sell for about $ 500.00 less than what we are asked to pay on established sites. Smaller less expensive models sell for about $ 100.00 less on the average. The devaluation is trading 7 Yuan to the dollar and even less. This makes it possible for sellers undercutting the regular price levels by much
I do not think this has anything to do with the exchange rate,simply they are selling these kits cheaper to Chinese customers as they can’t afford to pay as much like western customers.

Back