Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller 26" [COMPLETED BUILD]

And just like that you are finished???!!! :D Wow Glenn you have created an absolutely beautiful Sea of Galilee boat - your woodwork, the cleanliness and the accuracy are all as close to perfect as can be. You can be extremely proud of her.
@Heinrich my friend, I got so engrossed in working on her I failed to take photos along the way and before I knew it she was finished. Thank you for your high praise, it means much to me.

Glenn
I love it, Glenn! Thanks for helping pave the way.
Thank you, it was a pleasure. I'm still watching your build, I know it will turn out equally well if nor much better.

Congratulations.
Good effort with excellent results.
It’s good to see other modelers creating their own thing on a model that someone has built before.
Excellent.
You should be proud.
Thank you @Bluebeard . Your build was certainly a big inspiration and help.

How wonderful, Stan! She turned out great thanks to your careful construction. Congratulations!
Thank you Doc! This praise from a modeler as meticulous as yourself means a lot to me!

Very nice work!!
Thank you @rtibbs!

Glenn

Good evening, for information this is the original

View attachment 313865
@Frank48 Thank you very much for this.

I have seen discussion about the type of Sail this boat had, but it was ultimately decided that since these parts of the boat that was found were not present that the actual type of Sail is not known. The provider of the kit I built this from suggested the lateen sail in the interest of practicality-the boat is easier to display due to the narrower width. This is what I chose.

Glenn

@Frank48 Thank you very much for this.

I have seen discussion about the type of Sail this boat had, but it was ultimately decided that since these parts of the boat that was found were not present that the actual type of Sail is not known. The provider of the kit I built this from suggested the lateen sail in the interest of practicality-the boat is easier to display due to the narrower width. This is what I chose.

Glenn

seaofgalileeboat00wach_0385.jpg

I finished it. After finishing with Danish Oil it just needed the sail, rigging and odds and ends like net, basket and rock anchor.
View attachment 313648

Maya, my constant companion, decided to photobomb a few pics.
View attachment 313649View attachment 313650View attachment 313651View attachment 313652View attachment 313653View attachment 313654View attachment 313655View attachment 313656View attachment 313657View attachment 313658

This concludes this build. Thank you everyone for looking, for the likes, the comments & encouragement, and most of all the fellowship that surrounds this wonderful hobby through this great site!

Now it's time to get back to my Galleon :cool:

Glenn
Good morning Glenn. I reiterate all the the compliments...you owned it. Well done on a beautiful Sea of Galilee boat. Cheers Grant

Back