sgtmik's HMS Blandford cross section build

Ahoy to all my shipmates on this build,
Thank you all, for your cheerful birthday wishes. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

It's been a long time since I updated my build log so on with the march.
I am using Yellow Heart for the planking and bamboo for treenails. The wales are Walnut stained black.

IMG_0270.jpgIMG_0271.jpgIMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0276.jpgIMG_0280.JPGIMG_0290.jpgIMG_0282.jpg

I used frog tape I got from Home Boys Depot

IMG_0292.jpgIMG_0303.jpgIMG_0306.jpgIMG_0307.jpgIMG_0308.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0312.jpgIMG_0365.jpgIMG_0363.jpg

Threading the block and tackle was not as bad as I thought it would be.

IMG_0353.jpgIMG_0350.jpgIMG_0356.jpgIMG_0358.jpgIMG_0360.jpgIMG_0361.jpg

I hope to have the ladders and display stand done soon.

Thanks for visiting my build log.

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi Mike, was studying the Anatomy of Ships Blandford book (dangerous thing to do, you learn things from them!) and I noticed that the hanging knees below the lower deck are all vertical, but the hanging knees below the main deck are all of varying angles particularly in the center section. Had you taken this into account or decided to leave it to "builders license". I don't think anyone has put them at an angle or are even aware of that fact, just a thought (that's also dangerous!)HANGING KNEES.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mike, was studying the Anatomy of Ships Blandford book (dangerous thing to do, you learn things from them!) and I noticed that the hanging knees below the lower deck are all vertical, but the hanging knees below the main deck are all of varying angles particularly in the center section. Had you taken this into account or decided to leave it to "builders license". I don't think anyone has put them at an angle or are even aware of that fact, just a thought (that's also dangerous!)
Hallo Eric - oh yes, we can learn from publication..... therefore I like so much books and literature about ships :cool:
I made some excerpts from the book to show this correct fact
IMG_193511.jpg IMG_193811.jpg

I guess, that the hanging knees needed to be adjusted, due to the location of the sweep ports, with their defined regular locations
large (3).jpg large (2).jpg 1.jpg

Back