Shoulder Surgery - No Biggie

I wasn't gonna post it but since there is a forum category - Well, what can I say? I am having arthroscopic shoulder surgery tomorrow morning to fix an old motocross injury from a few years back. My shoulder keeps dislocating and it is difficult to put back in. So, here we go.. I passed my COVID test with flying colors. I am using the same sports surgean who did my knee twice (yes motocross both times). I will be in a sling for a while and need some physical therapy so it will slow down my shop work. But luckily, it is my left shoulder so I will be heads down doing a deep dive into CAD and 3D stuff!! Once I get healed up, I hope to be back on my bikes again. At 62, I guess I won't be racing anymore but we have about 2 miles of wooded trails and a practice track here on our farm.

Here are my 3 race bikes.... I also have more... LOL

IMG_0244.JPG

I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly. We have similar sports. I am a cyclist, have followed the Tour de France, Giro, Paris-Roubaix several times; climbed the Dolomites, the Stelvio x 4, Alpe de Huez x 8, Ventoux x 10, etc...a real nut... The closest thing to motocross that I have done is two years ago I did the amateur Paris-Roubaix full route on Saturday-the professional race was on Sunday-the pave was rough, I remember the Arenberg well. I've had a few injuries, but recovered from all. Today I am driving to our condo in the Utah mountains to spend a month bike riding....My Best wishes to you.
Alex R

Good luck with the operation and all the best :)

At least your bikes are not Harley Davidson.

In Denmark and in North America when 2 riders meet it is good pratice to raise an arm and greet with a "biker wave". Have you noticed that Harley riders don't do it? Do you know why? Well, try driving a wheelbarrow with one hand . . . :p

Last edited:
Hope all goes well and let us know when your back home and awake.

If you hate the good drugs, that is a good sign you won't get hooked on them as many others due.

Worst case we can get some of your modeling saw dust and put in pill cases for you to swallow!

HI Mike,
just now reading this - I hope things work out and a good recovery so your life can get fully back to normal, maybe even some trail bike riding - nice motocross bikes ( I guess I am saying that right). I was a Harley owner (Fatboy) for many years. Before that a Yamaha small Cruiser. So, I have tasted both sides. I haven't been on a bike at least about 10 years I guess.
I know your taste is way different than mine, but if money were no object, I would be calling up someone like West Coast Choppers to put me something together.

Back