Smelly,s Santisima Trinidad Occre 1:90

Hello all, welcome to my build log. the length of this model is 1060mm and is 415 mm wide. I have been following John Aliprantis`s build on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvNxDG6MgbFikbTM89Hod2g
You all well can follow me here. I don`t have photos of the building of the base structure ,but that went pretty straight forward no problems . Parts fit well together.
I am now Installing the plywood bulwarks. There is a bit more sanding on these to get a better fit ,there are some small gaps ,but there will be planking over these plywood bulwarks. I will add some filler to aid the sanding to a nice base for the planking. Since this was my first wood ship I opted to get the kit in parts. Ther are six parts that you can order. I have the first 3 and soon will order the 4th 5th and 6th at the same time , save on shipping. I purchased the kit Ok some photos. I purchased the kit from overseas from https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/index.html

so now i have one last section of bulwarks to do. Should be done tomorrow. Then will start the sanding to receive bulwark planking. I have some filler to add here and there to get a nice smooth base. I will also at this time, apply some wood sealer, to the gun ports then paint them black. Will use minwax sanding sealer.the paint have yet to check wath i have in stock.

no am not fast ....i started early spring and almost did nothing for almost two months ...summer weather calling me out with many summer jobs around the house. Things are more tranquil now so moving ahead, this is a nice kit, but there is alot of fiddling to get things to fit. i am going real slow ,checking closely and eyeballing things as we go to be straight and true.

Nice work Smelly.
I am working on Occre’s HMS TERROR of the Franklin Expedition.
I noticed a naval figure on your mode, which I believe you said was 1/90 scale.
May I ask where you obtained the figure?
I have completed the Corel HMS VICTORY with a lot of changes to fit the original plans. It is 1/98 scale and I wanted a figure to represent Admiral Nelson on deck.
I also would not mind a figure or two in 1/70 scale to represent Franklin
Again nice work.

b0y oh boy trying to get the photos right is a learning curve. i have to send from phone to chromebook then post. But I will get it right eventually.

Can't you download directly from your phone ?

Just curiosity !

Cheers
Daniel

so now i have one last section of bulwarks to do. Should be done tomorrow. Then will start the sanding to receive bulwark planking. I have some filler to add here and there to get a nice smooth base. I will also at this time, apply some wood sealer, to the gun ports then paint them black. Will use minwax sanding sealer.the paint have yet to check wath i have in stock.
Just a little heads up, the picture with the gun hatch open.....the hatch is backwards.

Hi smelly, looks like you really have good build going on. I'll be looking forward to see all the planking over the bulwarks. At this point I'm a little intimidated at the prospect of planking on my ship. Never tried it before.

Back