Smelly,s Santisima Trinidad Occre 1:90

ya weii my first time planking also. I have viewed many build logs , so understand the principles....just have to go at it. It will be a few days before I start, I have to add several planks to the rear of the ship , and well there is the sanding of the bulwarks to complete. It is a large ship.

Nice work Smelly.
I am working on Occre’s HMS TERROR of the Franklin Expedition.
I noticed a naval figure on your mode, which I believe you said was 1/90 scale.
May I ask where you obtained the figure?
I have completed the Corel HMS VICTORY with a lot of changes to fit the original plans. It is 1/98 scale and I wanted a figure to represent Admiral Nelson on deck.
I also would not mind a figure or two in 1/70 scale to represent Franklin
Again nice work.
he comes from an old uss constitution plastic modei

20200813_142642.jpg
Those little cast gunport frames/lids are quite well done! :) Thumbsup

so now i have one last section of bulwarks to do. Should be done tomorrow. Then will start the sanding to receive bulwark planking. I have some filler to add here and there to get a nice smooth base. I will also at this time, apply some wood sealer, to the gun ports then paint them black. Will use minwax sanding sealer.the paint have yet to check wath i have in stock.
Is the sanding sealer transparent?

Hello So it's been a good weekend. I have 5 stakes applied to the bulwarks, and did some sanding to see how I was doing. I believe that it will be fine. A few pics to show the progress....I still have many Canon ports to cut out. I used some double sided tape to show the front keel.View attachment 174989View attachment 174990View attachment 174994View attachment 174989View attachment 174989View attachment 174990View attachment 174991View attachment 174992View attachment 174993View attachment 174994View attachment 174994View attachment 174989View attachment 174990
I hated cutting out the gun ports on my Connie. They never turned out to be the size I wanted them.

Back