Smelly,s Santisima Trinidad Occre 1:90

Hello all, welcome to my build log. the length of this model is 1060mm and is 415 mm wide. I have been following John Aliprantis`s build on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvNxDG6MgbFikbTM89Hod2g
You all well can follow me here. I don`t have photos of the building of the base structure ,but that went pretty straight forward no problems . Parts fit well together.
I am now Installing the plywood bulwarks. There is a bit more sanding on these to get a better fit ,there are some small gaps ,but there will be planking over these plywood bulwarks. I will add some filler to aid the sanding to a nice base for the planking. Since this was my first wood ship I opted to get the kit in parts. Ther are six parts that you can order. I have the first 3 and soon will order the 4th 5th and 6th at the same time , save on shipping. I purchased the kit Ok some photos. I purchased the kit from overseas from https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/index.html
Hallo @smelly
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello all, welcome to my build log. the length of this model is 1060mm and is 415 mm wide. I have been following John Aliprantis`s build on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvNxDG6MgbFikbTM89Hod2g
You all well can follow me here. I don`t have photos of the building of the base structure ,but that went pretty straight forward no problems . Parts fit well together.
I am now Installing the plywood bulwarks. There is a bit more sanding on these to get a better fit ,there are some small gaps ,but there will be planking over these plywood bulwarks. I will add some filler to aid the sanding to a nice base for the planking. Since this was my first wood ship I opted to get the kit in parts. Ther are six parts that you can order. I have the first 3 and soon will order the 4th 5th and 6th at the same time , save on shipping. I purchased the kit Ok some photos. I purchased the kit from overseas from https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/index.html

Hallo @smelly
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you actually working on a project?

hello to all... so after a long break, covid, health problems and real life adaptations , I am back on the rails. I have lost my ship to a four footed demon.... the dog managed to get my ship one afternoon,last year when we were away ... ther where pieces all around the living room. so now I have lots of spare parts. I must say I was quite upset. so now my heath is now excellent minus a few parts, I had a kidney and the surenal gland, which sits on top of the kidney removed just before last christmas. Was in the hospital for a week. All is fine now just cannot do any heavy lifting, and no shovelling snow.
So now have started to work on my second ship, coming along slowly. will show some pics but will not be an indepth log.... there are already many like it out in the mist .

hello to all... so after a long break, covid, health problems and real life adaptations , I am back on the rails. I have lost my ship to a four footed demon.... the dog managed to get my ship one afternoon,last year when we were away ... ther where pieces all around the living room. so now I have lots of spare parts. I must say I was quite upset. so now my heath is now excellent minus a few parts, I had a kidney and the surenal gland, which sits on top of the kidney removed just before last christmas. Was in the hospital for a week. All is fine now just cannot do any heavy lifting, and no shovelling snow.
So now have started to work on my second ship, coming along slowly. will show some pics but will not be an indepth log.... there are already many like it out in the mist .
We’d love to see it, Smelly! The voyeurs that we are! Welcome to the one-kidney club. Lost one of mine in February ‘93 to cancer. I was on top of the house that summer putting on a new roof. I wouldn’t do that with both kidneys these days.
Vic

Thank you Vic, it was cancer that got me too, I am in a special program testing a new medication for cancer treatment, So I am doing a chemo treatment to tell my cells to be on the alert for any other signs and to attack the cancer cells , its like a booster. at the same time I am testing a new drug to help the treatment do better, but I dont know if I have the new treatment or not , it like the red pill or the blue one. I think I got the fake one since I dont seem to have any secondardy side effects. but the docs take blood tests every 3 weeks and I get a scan every 3 months, the docs say it give me 10% chance of reducing a return of cancer, but doing well just a bit weak.

Thank you Vic, it was cancer that got me too, I am in a special program testing a new medication for cancer treatment, So I am doing a chemo treatment to tell my cells to be on the alert for any other signs and to attack the cancer cells , its like a booster. at the same time I am testing a new drug to help the treatment do better, but I dont know if I have the new treatment or not , it like the red pill or the blue one. I think I got the fake one since I dont seem to have any secondardy side effects. but the docs take blood tests every 3 weeks and I get a scan every 3 months, the docs say it give me 10% chance of reducing a return of cancer, but doing well just a bit weak.
They must have got mine early. No chemo. Still no sign of return. I’ll be praying for you.
Vic.

Back