Soleil Royal ZHL kit 1:90 Scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

BigMike - you ship looks amazing and is something for me to aspire to. I have a question - at what time in the build do you recommend I install the gun port frames? Should I do them after the second planking or before or what?
Thanks,
Paul

BigMike - you ship looks amazing and is something for me to aspire to. I have a question - at what time in the build do you recommend I install the gun port frames? Should I do them after the second planking or before or what?
Thanks,
Paul
Thanks Paul, I installed the frames after the second planking. Cutting the planking around the opening was easy-peasy.
The frames on the other hand took some time putting together, sanding and fitting. I tried to recess them a bit.
Your build looks great, you’re really moving on it.

Hello Paul I recommended pasting frames now. The second skin should be glued with the approach to the frame. You will get a quarter where the gun port cover goes. The thickness of the frame should be taken with a margin.The main thing is to observe the internal size of the gun port, taking into account the walls of the frame.

Big Mike - Can you please tell me which lines you served? Was it just the mast stays, or did you do other lines too?
Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul, I did the stays and the first shroud line of each mast. The shrouds were done full length. Stays were done just around the masts were the lines would be rubbing.

super
Merci de vous être arrêté et des gentils mots John. Jusqu'à présent, je suis très satisfait de ce kit. Avec un peu de ponçage ici et là, ça va très bien. Il ne fait aucun doute que la Caroline sera ma prochaine construction.
j suis nouveau sur ce site,j,ai construit la perle noir et le san felipe 1-50 et j,essai le soleil royal zhl pour bientot ton plancher de teck est super

I am new to this site, I built the black pearl and the san Felipe 1-50 and j, try the royal sun zhl for soon your teak floor is great
translation from
I am new to this site, I built the black pearl and the san Felipe 1-50 and j, try the royal sun zhl for soon your teak floor is great
translation from french to UK
There is something Wrong here. I have not add this message. I thing it is a Translation from French of Gilles Belanger or BIG MIKE ---NOT MINE.I heve never build Bllck Pearl and San Felipe. Where the faulier is -mine or others -no Idea. so you can delite theese message

Back