Sovereign of the Seas (Mantua) by Nj0rdr

another small update:

I cleaned all the remaining pillars for the railing and painted them. Used a left over for easier handling during the painting process.
IMG_8685.JPG
Also painted all the bases for the railing on top and the inner side in red and for the outer side I used my gold marker.

IMG_8709.JPG

Additionally I started to glue the pillars for one railing in place.

IMG_8708.JPG

another small update:

the pilars on the starboard side are glued in place and the the cover of the railing is added as well.

IMG_8714.JPG

The structural reinforcment is in place as well and you can see where the cut-outs for the cannons will be.

IMG_8715.JPG

The next step is to finish the rails inside and outside and start the railing of the port side.

Thank you for your kind words.

I also admire your work on the royal louis. It is a great example of the faboulus pieces of art from this forum.

Hallo Wolfgang,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day

Birthday-Cake

Alles Alles Gute zum Geburtstag

The gold on black of those decorations is stunning. Are these the metal cast decorations that come with the Mantua SOS kit?

Hello once more,

here is a quick overview what I do with the parts. The only disadvantage of the Mantua parts is that when you file or cut them that they have a silvery look there and not golden anymore. So I try to file as little as possible.

IMG_8871.JPG this is how a part is looking like out of the package

IMG_8872.JPG then I cut away the sprue of the casting (or whatever the leftover is called)

IMG_8873.JPG after the cutting

IMG_8874.JPG the I use a file for filing it the way it should be

IMG_8875.JPG finished part

IMG_8876.JPG and glued in place

On a ship like that the decoration are very important. You are taking your time and it show Thumbsup

How are the casting on your shipQuestion-Mark

Mine on a few of my ship I did, i have problem bad casting to form them to the shape of the ship or plating that peel of.:(

Back