Sovereign of the Seas (Mantua) by Nj0rdr

Hello all,

just a small progress, but I have a question to you:
The part of the stern gallery between the blue line and the lowest golden profile. Should I cut it away or keep it as it is and put the figures of them (the metal parts would need some bending to fit)IMG_9441 - Kopie.JPG

I would bend it, if you slightly heat them with a solder iron on the back side they are possible to bend.

Here is my version of the Sovereign of the Seas.
I am at the beginning so just glued the frame together and the first 2 decks and also the first planks are on the ship.

The next step will be to add some LEDs.

I will post a picture when I have finished all the smoldering work.
Hallo Wolfgang alias @Nj0rdr ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

It has been quite some time that I have posted pictures of the progress.

To be honest times have been really busy and I lost a bit of focus. Especially the gunport lids have been robbing my motivation.

Here is the update on the stern gallery and the bended figures on the lower side. One actually broke, but I was able to fix it without a major problem.
IMG_9539.JPGIMG_9544.JPG

Hey -these are only some s... gunport lids
you built already a complete hull, so you will not give up because of "some" small lids, or?
Tschaka !!!!
Your stern decoartion are looking very good - and also the lids visible

Wolfgang,

Nice to see you back in the shipyard. Had followed your build - and bought one as well - Interesting project indeed.
I will not add LED's to mine (;-((

Cheers,

Thank you for the nice words Uwe and John.

Actually one side is already completely done and on the other side just some dummy cannons are missing.

In the meantime I also complete part of the deck structur (no clue what is the english name for it). I just painted the metal parts with the same acrylic paint as I used for the ship hull and I like the matte black finish on them.

IMG_13430.JPG

Thank you for the nice words Uwe and John.

Actually one side is already completely done and on the other side just some dummy cannons are missing.

In the meantime I also complete part of the deck structur (no clue what is the english name for it). I just painted the metal parts with the same acrylic paint as I used for the ship hull and I like the matte black finish on them.
It is a capstan in English ;)

Beautiful ship!!!

Glenn

Here is another quick update on the build.

The complete gunports and also the dummy cannons are in place on the starboard side. Also you see again some of my mess in my shipyard and if you have an eagle eye the rudder. In my next update I show you some details on it.
Also completed are the 4 rear guns.
IMG_10231.JPGIMG_10232.JPGIMG_10229.JPG

Here is my update to the rudder.

In my previous post you have seen (eyes of an eagle are needed) that I made a groove in the rudder where the hinges will be.

I put the bearings for the hinges on a green plastic coated fence wire (it just had the right diameter and glued them into the groove with small wood pieces for added strength. This way the bearings stay in place. To be honest this was not my idea. I have seen this in a build log here, but to my shame I can't remember which.

IMG_10479.JPG

And the picture from the side

IMG_10480.JPG

And as the last picture the installed rudder, which can be turned without any problems.

IMG_10486.JPG

Back