Sovereign of the Seas - Sergal 1:78 (with hopefully many added details)

Hi,

Thought that Id share a source FYI.

AND Thanks to members and visitors who also just drop by for a look. To that end you may know I decided to also add extra details to the carriages.

Turns out that I did not have enough scaled chain to continue with the capsquare key retaining chains. I looked on Amazon – found something but, scale was way off. THEN (more online searches) found (by luck) the perfect source for chains. So, starting all over again….

This company mostly offers fittings for war dioramas. Their chains are also intended for plastic ships, but these perfectly pre blackened metal chains are just right for these carriages. Here are a few images as well as a the source if you might be interested. Once in, just type chains in search bar....

As alway so appreciate your visits

PS: ordered from China in my mailbox five days later Thumbs-Up

Cheers,
View attachment 403370View attachment 403371View attachment 403372View attachment 403373View attachment 403374View attachment 403375View attachment 403376View attachment 403377
Good evening John. That is an insane amount of fiddling…..referring to the last photo with that pile of cannons, ropes, blocks, hooks, chains etc. Respect. Cheers Grant

Grant, Nigel, Thanks for your posts -

Yes indeed lots of fiddling -
I'm thinking of how to facilitate the so redundantly repetitive steps over and over again in order to save time, and to Nigel's point sanity as well...
Brain still searching, but working on some ideas. The hardest bit will be to actually sit at the table and start the work ;)

Thought, once done, I'll be glad - parenthetically thinking it might be a bit of - hardly to be seen - overkill.

Regards,

Hi all,

As an Aside –
This car on Dec. 16, 2023 will turn 19 years old. Bought her in Dec 04 as a new 05. She had to be special ordered from Japan – there were none available anywhere with those factory leather Burnt Orange seats mated with a six speed in California. I’ve only driven sticks since I was 16 yikes… Was not going to (for me) buy a Z with an auto. trans….

So, as obsessed as I still am with this Z thought that, hoping some of you might be interested, share a few off-topic images. She just turned over 62,000 miles.

Engine drivetrain totally factory. I did however, add some tweaks to the interior, and a few to the exterior as well.

First image below was yesterday at the AAA for new 024 tags. Other images taken over the last couple of weeks.
YES, I park away from all other cars, and find end spaces that won’t allow door dings from…. – I won’t say it. Hahaha

One of my friends jokingly mentioned that he saw me driving recently, and he was surprised that I actually drive with the car cover off. She now spends a lot of time in our garage covered. I have a beater that gets me around most of the time (a 1987 Camry)

Quite a few years back took our son to Magic Mountain, and to a view from that very tall tower. He said, Oh! dad, I can see your car. Of the many 1000s of cars in the lot – yup mine was the only one with a car cover. o_O

Ok done here – hope that it was not too boring. Next post will update SotS work.

Regards,

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.JPG5.jpeg6.jpeg7.JPG8.jpeg9.jpeg9b.jpeg10.jpeg12.JPG

Wow John I love the contrasting colors of the interior. My philosophy is by a vehicle new, pay it off in 4 years and drive it for 10 more years. Yearly maintenance cost is way cheaper than new car payments.

Hi all.

Back on track at least laterally – still laboring over adding these capsquare key retaining chains…the method below I found to be the easiest solution carriage by carriage.
And note to self – “don’t do this again” haha – will however, continue the keychains for all other carriages. Here are a few updated images – most self-explanatory, so brief text.

Thanks for dropping by - very much appreciate your continued interest in this very slow boat to China build log.

Cheers,

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg7 copy.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg10.jpeg11 copy.jpeg12.JPG

Hi all,

As an Aside –
This car on Dec. 16, 2023 will turn 19 years old. Bought her in Dec 04 as a new 05. She had to be special ordered from Japan – there were none available anywhere with those factory leather Burnt Orange seats mated with a six speed in California. I’ve only driven sticks since I was 16 yikes… Was not going to (for me) buy a Z with an auto. trans….

So, as obsessed as I still am with this Z thought that, hoping some of you might be interested, share a few off-topic images. She just turned over 62,000 miles.

Engine drivetrain totally factory. I did however, add some tweaks to the interior, and a few to the exterior as well.

First image below was yesterday at the AAA for new 024 tags. Other images taken over the last couple of weeks.
YES, I park away from all other cars, and find end spaces that won’t allow door dings from…. – I won’t say it. Hahaha

One of my friends jokingly mentioned that he saw me driving recently, and he was surprised that I actually drive with the car cover off. She now spends a lot of time in our garage covered. I have a beater that gets me around most of the time (a 1987 Camry)

Quite a few years back took our son to Magic Mountain, and to a view from that very tall tower. He said, Oh! dad, I can see your car. Of the many 1000s of cars in the lot – yup mine was the only one with a car cover. o_O

Ok done here – hope that it was not too boring. Next post will update SotS work.

Regards,

View attachment 410781View attachment 410782View attachment 410783View attachment 410784View attachment 410785View attachment 410786View attachment 410787View attachment 410788View attachment 410789View attachment 410790View attachment 410791View attachment 410792
Wow John. 19 years old and immaculate. Beautifully looked after for sure. Cheers Grant

Grant, Thanks for your words about my car - very kind of you especially off topic - as I tend to be a bit too often. Also thanks
for linking Paul's quote - That said both of you are on my list of logs that I always spend time at. Your skill sets are way up there indeed.

(Parenthetically) -- occasionally when the Admiral wants me "away for a bit of time" - She'll suggest I leave and spend time with my Z girlfriend.. hahaha..
Especially now that I'm basically home 24/7 - When working in the later years being away at times for several days in a row was our accustomed to lifestyle. That was then. Still all good OkayWe just celebrated our 50th Anniversary in June.

Enjoy your holidays mates !!!

Hi,
Still just working with carriages, but at least I'm now starting to move forward -- here are few updated images.

Thanks for still dropping by (;-)))) time to catch up with logs that I follow (odd I rarely get email updates when new updates are posted - so need to look around)

Cheers,

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.JPG4.jpeg5.JPG6.jpeg7.JPG

Hi,
Still just working with carriages, but at least I'm now starting to move forward -- here are few updated images.

Thanks for still dropping by (;-)))) time to catch up with logs that I follow (odd I rarely get email updates when new updates are posted - so need to look around)

Cheers,

View attachment 436884View attachment 436885View attachment 436886View attachment 436887View attachment 436888View attachment 436889View attachment 436890
Good evening John. Great to see some work done….rigging cannons not my favorite. Quality work all round- beautiful ship. Cheers Grant

lakedaisy

Hi thank for your post. I had meant to - before securing these main deck carriages into place to, with a Dremel, shorten needed axles first.

Then install the wheels and their linch pins -- but on some carriages pins don't butt against the wheels – forgot about all of that.
So (for me) these are overlooked mistakes.

Grant, and Daniel20 – as always thanks mates!!

Oh Grant your carriage rigging work is beyond excellent - Yea tedious but results look awesome.

couple of images highlighting my frustration (;-((

IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_1315.jpeg

Last edited:
Back