Steam pinnace Janet

I would be tempted to buy another speed controller though,it would be a lot less work and these have come down in price since Brushless came out

Hello Nigel, if you install second speed controller, how would you connect them to the receiver to have forward/reverse movement of the model?

Thank you for your kind words
will be a lot of difficult cuting after the hull is planked but this is a first build so experience come after.
I am prepared for a lot of sanding too.
Nigel ,you can tell what speed controler you have in mind?
I am open to suggestions :)
Kind regards,
Daniel

No I mean replace the speed controller with one with reverse intended for marine use.I use these
Available in different capacities,admittedly mine are 30amp but my motors are bigger.They are also waterproof

Regards

Nigel

IMG_0072.jpg

last minute change , after some thinking I realized the imposibility to cut one bulkhead after gluing so I cut now .
This way will be a smooth transition from deck to cabin.
You definitely have bigger motors Nigel!:D
now I have to use my inventory but if I can smooth talk my wife who knows ....:cool:

20200502_113518.jpg

In your experience if you use 5 min epoxy on plywood how much time need to proprer curing
I have to glue the lower part first and after the higher part over the propeller tube.
Low on clamps too .
Daniel

Last edited:
First 2 parts are glued but I will let 1 hour before gluing the next 2 parts.
Best to be prudent , I think.
Monday I will go to my father workshop for some threading and building the gearbox.
I also have to find a way to mount different size motors after ,if what I have is too anemic.:)
Best regards ,Daniel

Last edited:
Hello again,
Today I will cut the balsa for the bow of the ship.
the rudder will be from a sheet of brass 1.5 mm thick
Question :20200503_102537.jpg
the bulkheads are made from plywood 3 mm and are situated at 8 cm at the longest distance between
is worth to double the exterior with another strip ?
I will use for planking pine wood 4x4 mm ( after sanding 3,5 x 3,5 )
The deck will be in aviation plywood 1mm thick and with planks of obechi 2 x5 mm on top.
Best regards
Daniel

Back