Steam pinnace Janet

I am really not an expert on such types of ships (RC etc.), but bending with steams is sounding for me not so good - you used plywood for the keel and fixed already the planks etc.
But it is very hard here to give an advice from the distance ...... sorry for not being able to help :(

Thank you Uvek!
I am worried a bit about this ,so I want to do the safer choice if it is possible
I bought a ruler of 1 meter for have a reference
Kind regards,Daniel

Dear Daniel. Taking into account the scale at which you are building, 1.5mm is nothing. Unless someone knows it before hand, it will hardly be visible and functionally it should have very little effect on an RC model. That is exactly why you have a trim button on the transmitter. Trying to rectify 1.5mm by means of structural surgery can cause more harm, than good.

Thanck you Heinrich for the advice!
I shall continue with a little sanding and see where lead .
I still have to do the beauty layer of planking.
Kins regards,Daniel

Thanck you Heinrich for the advice!
I shall continue with a little sanding and see where lead .
I still have to do the beauty layer of planking.
Kins regards,Daniel

G'day Daniel, sorry I have taken awhile to reply, my wife has been in hospital this last week and I have been busy.
What I would do is hold your long ruler against the keel and fix the metal piece that holds the rudder in place and then work out how much you have to take off one side and how much to build out the other side, you should be able to do this ok, and as you say you have the finishing planks to go on afterwards to cover it all up, hope this all helps,

Best regards John,

PS if you leave it as it is it will annoy you every time you look at or think of the model,

Last edited:
Hello John,
Hope the admiral will be ok and soon home!
You are right ,this bend is on my mind and have to make the safer choice to not compromise the model.
I started with chiseling away the first 2 planks on keel to the naked plywood.
Lucky the bend is in the same plane on the vertical so not a biggie
The other best part is: the planking is with strips of 2 mm thick so I can sand a bit
Kind regards,Daniel

Hello All
Grace to our member , Bob-Ellis , I got a bunch of invaluable interior photos of Janet
Just to put a liite bit of salt on the wound I found one plan for a 40 feet steam pinnace a little newer than janet.:)planuri salupa j.jpg:)
Now I have to redesign a bit the center of the model
and now I have a better view of the ship wheel and gauges :D
Kind regards,Daniel

Hello all,
As adviced I moved the thread from introductions to builds.
I intend to build a steam pinnace with wood and plyboard
The model will be 1 meter lenght and 23 cm wide
This is my first RC build and any advice is great appreciated
Fair warning , English is not my first language, so mistakes will slip
Hallo @badras-khan
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello all,
As adviced I moved the thread from introductions to builds.
I intend to build a steam pinnace with wood and plyboard
The model will be 1 meter lenght and 23 cm wide
This is my first RC build and any advice is great appreciated
Fair warning , English is not my first language, so mistakes will slip
Hallo my friend @badras-khan
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello All ,Thank you for the wishes,
I am working hard in my job with works in several near cities so a lot of travel and no time for working at the model.
This year I got an good eye protection what I recomand to everyone ( picture provided by admiral)
Some diamond stones for sharpening chisels and plane blade.
Hope to get again at Janet when is really cold outside and on site jobs slow down a bit
Kind regards Daniel

ochelari.jpg

Back