Steam powered wooden Drifter trawler, Formidable LT100, 1/20 scale by neptune

409.jpg
The galley section after drilling for the port hole,

410.jpg
and with the glazed port just sitting in place,

411.jpg
The engine room skylight I used pine wood and some ply for the main shape and the port lids were made out of some plastic sheeting pieces I had left over from my Grimmershorn model,

412.jpg
laid over the plan,

413.jpg
I marked the center of the lids and started drilling out for the ports,

414.jpg
and a couple of pics with the ports just sitting in place, I still have to attach the lid hinges yet, the ports will be in the closed position,

415.jpg
and one last view, all these ports were bought from Cornwall Model Boats,

best regards john,

416.jpg
Marking out the deck for cutting and then attaching the coamings to keep the hull water tight,

417.jpg
all marked out for the hatch and the superstructure,

418.jpg
getting the fore hatch ready for the coamings,

420.jpg
The coamings in place, I decided to make the hatch a bit smaller so I had to fill in some of the deck area,

421.jpg
and with the hatch frame sitting over the coaming,

419.jpg
Marking the camber on the fore end of the hatch,

422.jpg
I also cut the camber and the sheer on the superstructure,

423.jpg
and how she is looking at the moment, tomorrow I will add the coamings for the superstructure,

Best regards john,

Last edited:
View attachment 286854
Marking out the deck for cutting and then attaching the coamings to keep the hull water tight,

View attachment 286855
all marked out for the hatch and the superstructure,

View attachment 286856
getting the fore hatch ready for the coamings,

View attachment 286857
The coamings in place, I decided to make the hatch a bit smaller so I had to fill in some of the deck area,

View attachment 286858
and with the hatch frame sitting over the coaming,

View attachment 286859
Marking the camber on the fore end of the hatch,

View attachment 286860
I also cut the camber and the sheer on the superstructure,

View attachment 286861
and how she is looking at the moment, tomorrow I will add the coamings for the superstructure,

Best regards john,
Hi John,
She is really taking shape.

Cheers,
Stephen.

G'day guy's, I haven't done anything over the weekend, I haven't been feeling too good, on Saturday morning we had to take our little boy Benji to the vet's he has been really ill, and we had to let him go to the rainbow bridge, it's breaking our hearts but now he is at peace, gonna miss the little fella heaps, sleep well Benji, till we meet again,

FB_IMG_1643502919155.jpg

I am so sorry to hear that John. My thoughts are with you and your family. Pets have always been very dear to my heart, but circumstances in China have unfortunately precluded me from ever owning one. I had to go through a similar thing two years ago with my Yorkie in South Africa and the worst part was that I wasn't there.

I am so sorry to hear that John. My thoughts are with you and your family. Pets have always been very dear to my heart, but circumstances in China have unfortunately precluded me from ever owning one. I had to go through a similar thing two years ago with my Yorkie in South Africa and the worst part was that I wasn't there.
Thank you Heinrich, it must have been a terrible time for you, I couldn't amagine not being there, at least we did actually cuddle Benji and talk to him while saying goodbye, all you guys are so amazing for the support that you give,
Best regards John,

This was my boy, Rota - named after the Mazda Rotary Engine! Now what a co-incidence - his father's name was also Benji. You know John - an ancient saying goes that true civilization is measured by how well a nation treats its young, the aged and its animals!

微信图片_20220131115044.jpg

Loosing your best friend is almost as bad as loosing a family member, as they are part of your family.

I lost my best friend a year ago, and still miss him every time I see his photo saved on my phone.

G'day guy's, I haven't done anything over the weekend, I haven't been feeling too good, on Saturday morning we had to take our little boy Benji to the vet's he has been really ill, and we had to let him go to the rainbow bridge, it's breaking our hearts but now he is at peace, gonna miss the little fella heaps, sleep well Benji, till we meet again,

View attachment 287566
This type of loss is never easy . . . even with replaced pets over and over. Rich

View attachment 287566
Hi John,
Really sorry to hear a furry member of your family has passed, take care.

Regards,
Stephen.

Sorry to hear John, the lost of such a friend is hard and painfull. I know, 1,5 year ago I lost my best friend Juulke, he was always to my side when working in my room. The love and joy they bring in life will be gone. The memory stays forever.
Regards
Stephan

Back