Stern Decorations - Hahn Drawings - Prototypes

i forget this is an international forum and some folks may not know what local or regional terms mean
  1. The definition of cattywampus, often spelled catawampus, is not lined up or not arranged correctly, or diagonally.
    An example of something cattywampus are the positions of the items on the top of a coffee table after a two year old has been playing with them and moving them around.

getting back to the back wall of the cabin. As Gary pointed out there might of been a door in the back wall and that is very possible. but for this exercise in CAD drawing and 3d rendering there is no door because this is a reproduction of Harold Hahn's work and he did not have a door in the wall.
However i did take the wall a step more and added details like the pillars and the paneling below the windows.

back wall1.JPG

from the CAD drawing to a 3D rendering of the wall

wall1.JPGwall2.JPGwall3.JPGwall5.JPGwall6.JPGwall7.JPGwall8.JPGwall9.JPGwall10.JPGwasll4.JPG

yes those pillars are square like a wall stud a beam standing on end they do taper from bottom to top side to side but not face to face.

the CAD drawing was done by Dave the 3D model was done by Mohamed the rendering was done by Dave and Mike will take it from here.

next will be the deck structure, stern balcony and quarter gallery even the potty with the exit pipe maybe.

the goal is to be able to walk into the cabin, sit down at a table and actually look around.

all this is being done in 3/8 of an inch = 1 foot but scale can be changed when it comes time to output either by 3D printing or CNC carving.

and yes don you are actually seeing it happen, and it take a team of people because no one person knows it all or has the time to do everything.

I have been studying Harold Hahns model closely and his rear galley verandah ceiling is plain wood. I guess thats because of the small scale his model is constructed, its difficult to include all the small details.
The Warrior had decorative molded ceiling panels and I'm sure Alfred would be similar. Here's the Warrior detail.

IMG_3179 copy.jpg

Back