Stern Decorations - Hahn Drawings - Prototypes

Continuing forward with stern decorations for HMS Alfred. This morning I took the upper row of gallery windows, cut them out from their openings and set them up for laser cutting. I also took one of the 3D columns we created yesterday and stretched it to fit into the center position. The capital tops and bottoms need to be shortened up a bit but you get the idea. The red decorative panels below the windows could either be laser etched into the transom part, or cut from a separate piece (builder's choice). Next, we will take a stab at the arched windows that go along side these.

Alfred Upper Windows.jpg

I got a bit more work done on stern decorations for HMS Alfred. Please try not to give me too much credit. Without @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) original CAD drawings I could not have even gotten started... We are on a roll now!!! Learning more every day.. Eventually, the statues will be rendered in 3D and all the various parts would be assembled by the model builder. I will explain a bit deeper how we take a 2D CAD drawing into a full 3D object a bit later down the road.

Alfred Stern CAD.jpg

Mike: What font did you use for the ships name "ALFRED"? Just curious!
We talked all about it here Dave!!

Bodini Book Normal

Last edited:
Back