The ALFRED 74. [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi gang,
after 2 years of scratch building H.M.S Alfred I think its 99% complete. Just waiting on my flag order to finish things off.

I have ordered an acrylic display case for the model, but its huge. Length is 1400mm, height is 1000 mm and with is 550mm. Thats 1/64 scale.

Anyway for my first serious attempt at rigging and scratch building, I am personally very happy with the results. I am especially pleased with using a rare Australian timber called Huon pine for the hull planking.

cheers guys.

..IMG_4256 copy.jpgIMG_4257 copy.jpgIMG_4255 copy.jpg

Hi gang,
after 2 years of scratch building H.M.S Alfred I think its 99% complete. Just waiting on my flag order to finish things off.

I have ordered an acrylic display case for the model, but its huge. Length is 1400mm, height is 1000 mm and with is 550mm. Thats 1/64 scale.

Anyway for my first serious attempt at rigging and scratch building, I am personally very happy with the results. I am especially pleased with using a rare Australian timber called Huon pine for the hull planking.

cheers guys.

..View attachment 258654View attachment 258655View attachment 258656
That is a beautiful and well done model to be proud of. First Place Metal
First Place MetalFirst Place Metal Rich (PT-2)

Hi gang,

cheers guys.

..View attachment 258654View attachment 258655View attachment 258656
Absolutely awesome! A real inspiration to newbies like me. That rigging alone would take me half a lifetime to work out. Well done indeed Thumbsup

Hi Lou,
thanks for the comments. Stern figures are resin Roman soldiers in the correct scale. I cut off the arms and legs and reattached them in the correct pose.

All other items like window frames, decorative scrollwork, lettering for Alfred and a hundred other items were made by Mike Shanks at Weasel-works.

Hi Bryian--your Alfred sure looks good; that's beautiful wood! Your rigging look great--that's my downfall, masting and rigging. I'm half tempted to make all my ship models "admiralty" style, hull work only without the masting and rigging. You did a nice paint job on the Alfred as well.

Congratulation for finishing (99,9%) of this beautiful model
Looking very good - very well done my friend
Please do not forget to make a set of final photos and present it here:

Back