The ALFRED 74. [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hey you old Weasel ! ROTF What a wonderful model Brian! Please don't try to get me believe that you shaved your head - now I know the truth! Every single hair was pulled out doing the rigging on Alfred! Seriously, my friend. you have done an amazing job and you are being over-modest. This is a superb achievement and not many modelers could have pulled it off with the same final result as the one that you are showing us here. This is vintage Brian well done my friend! Thumbs-Up

Hey you old Weasel ! ROTF What a wonderful model Brian! Please don't try to get me believe that you shaved your head - now I know the truth! Every single hair was pulled out doing the rigging on Alfred! Seriously, my friend. you have done an amazing job and you are being over-modest. This is a superb achievement and not many modelers could have pulled it off with the same final result as the one that you are showing us here. This is vintage Brian well done my friend! Thumbs-Up

Hello Heinrich,

yes indeed I have a shaved head and no Salvador Dali moustache. This is the real me at 61 years old.

.18A861D9-37BB-4576-AE72-DB53509F67FB_1_105_c.jpeg

Fantastic work Bryian, love it. Interesting to see you go from such a perfect scratch buil towards a kit, although Caf Granado is certainly a top level kit, maybe the best out there at the moment.
Can you also post some pictures of the acrylic casing when you receive it?

Hi gang,
after 2 years of scratch building H.M.S Alfred I think its 99% complete. Just waiting on my flag order to finish things off.

I have ordered an acrylic display case for the model, but its huge. Length is 1400mm, height is 1000 mm and with is 550mm. Thats 1/64 scale.

Anyway for my first serious attempt at rigging and scratch building, I am personally very happy with the results. I am especially pleased with using a rare Australian timber called Huon pine for the hull planking.

cheers guys.

..View attachment 258654View attachment 258655View attachment 258656
Congratulation Brian!!

Witaj
Pięknie wykonany takielune jak i cały model moje gratulacje i życzę powodzenia w budowie modelu.
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hi Brian
Thought I would have another look at your Alfred, what wonderful work, makes me envious and amazed at the patience of you top modellers! Your looking good in your lovely Island.
Paul

Very late to the party.....Congratulations Brian on such a wonderful model :cool:

Can't believe I have been away for sooo long, remember you just starting this model:oops::oops:

I do really like the Huon pine, looks nothing like the pine from DIY shops over here.It has the look of Boxwood that has aged a couple of hundred years, which I feel is a nice quality.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi gang,
after 2 years of scratch building H.M.S Alfred I think its 99% complete. Just waiting on my flag order to finish things off.

I have ordered an acrylic display case for the model, but its huge. Length is 1400mm, height is 1000 mm and with is 550mm. Thats 1/64 scale.

Anyway for my first serious attempt at rigging and scratch building, I am personally very happy with the results. I am especially pleased with using a rare Australian timber called Huon pine for the hull planking.

cheers guys.

..View attachment 258654View attachment 258655View attachment 258656
Hi Bryian, wonderful Model

Back