The Donald David, a Maine Lobster Boat, launched 1956

Good morning, all. I am starting to get back into the workshop now. I spent some time cleaning up the shop and I am almost ready to cut slots in the plywood jig that will hold the molds in place for planking. The plywood jig also holds molds #1 thru #10 in place so I can refine the shape of the stern.
Happy Modeling.
Steven

Much to my surprise, I have finally carved the rabbet on starboard side of the keel. Port side is patiently waiting for me to finish the rabbeting! Hopefully I will get through it this week. It took me a long time to muster up the courage to do such carving. Moving forward should be easier now.
Happy modeling.
Steven

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Much to my surprise, I have finally carved the rabbet on starboard side of the keel. Port side is patiently waiting for me to finish the rabbeting! Hopefully I will get through it this week. It took me a long time to muster up the courage to do such carving. Moving forward should be easier now.
Happy modeling.
Steven
Hallo Steven,
we all hope to see some photos of your progress.....

Sooo, as I am looking at the keel & temporary bulkheads for the lobster boat, I am wondering about adding extra planks in the forward portion of the boat because if the high-rising bow. I shouldn't need many because of the horizontal planks at the stern twist about 90 degrees to attach vertically to the stem. But I need to figure out how many extra planks will I need to fill the forward height and from what point in the length of the hull do I start these extra, tapered planks?
Any thoughts & ideas are greatly appreciated.
Happy modeling.
Steven