The Frederick from the Lumberyard

Hello
This will be my build log of the kit as sponsored by The Lumberyard. Thank you Dave Stevens.

This build will be a departure from my other kits as their frames were laser cut. This kit has milled frame stock with drawing patterns for frame layout.

I will be studying this new type of process and start with full frames. She looks to have nice lines and will keep me busy.

Regards to you all

Rick

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am looking forward to see much more oft this model - I can not find any information about any Frederick 1781 - is there a history known?

I’ve been busy organizing the patterns to be glued to milled stock.
Paper templates have been cut out then glued .
Once dry the pieces are cut out and their edges sanded.
I found a nice thread that discussed suggested Disc sanders and purchased the one in photo.
I’m enjoying this process.
Regards

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Do you have one of those gummy rubber bars for cleaning sanding discs and belts? It's like brushing your teeth. Clean after every use, the discs and belts will last vastly longer that way.;)

Pete

Rick, I love the old privateers and am excited to follow your build log. It should be fun and I have pulled up my shop stool and a cold beer! Magic Mike
Thank you for your post. She will keep me busy and the milled stock for frames will give me something new to learn .
Regards

Inside these two boxes are the bags with pattern pieces 1-29. They will be glued edge to edge to take shape for outline of all full frames. The second photo shows example of pattern for frame 4. This will keep me busy this coming winter :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’ve just completed gluing up the patterns for the full frame template. The two boxes are used to hold each of the 29 patterns . Now I’ll be working on attaching the templates and then cutting out each.
Need to attach the template without distorting the shape.
Take care everyone

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back