The Naval Cutter ALERT- 1777, POF by Jimsky

Looking very very good - great result especially for 1:48 !!!
How you fix the grafit powder on the muzzle? any coat afterwards?
Many thanks, Mon Amie. I use a very, very soft brush to apply powder. Also, alternatively, if the blacken solution adheres to the barrels strong, I rub the barrels between two fingers @janos recommendation. Afterward, I don't apply protective coats, but...you brought an interesting point. Now I will scratch my head...

IMG_1924(1).jpg

Nice work with the cannons Jim, this will be the way the cannons on Rattlesnake vill be made, thanks for the good information, greetings Knut-
Thanks, my friend! There are many great examples of cannons made by our members, Karl @Jeronimo recently published a great photo-tutorial on his cannons. Very well defined and explained... please check this out

Kar's cannons are French style, they are different from the English

Great news, folks!! Today July 27th, 2020, I have purchased the Trident Model Alert kit! The purchase experience was pleasant, straight forward, without hiccups, and took about 3~5 minutes. With this great news, I am officially joining the Alert group build and starting my own build log.

When looking at the wonderful kit review by Uwe, I realize that most likely I should build the model 'out of the box' without modifications. For the most part, this will be the route to follow, however, there will be some.... Curious enough? Join me in my build journey and be alert to my upcoming posts about The Naval Cutter Alert by Jimsky!

Let's share the knowledge to avoid any challenges, and make this group build fun and enjoyable! :)

to be continued...
Hallo Jim,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Damned to late. So a happy late birthday :) Hope there is still a piece off the cake for me. Birthday-Cake

Back