The other Eric's HMS Blandford Cross Section - 1:48 - Scratch build

They say you get better by frame 9!

I am seriously thinking of replacing frame 1 I got done. Don’t like the final results I got

Now to find time!

The joints in the double frames used in this do not have to be perfect the frame will not fail if it does not fit well, but they degrade the appearance of the model.
Most of your future models will be a mixture of double and single frames, some may be all single frames if their joints do not fit well, they will fail causing major problems later in the build. It does not take lone to check the fit before gluing the joint it is time well spent.

Thanks, guys. I'm really enjoying seeing the full-frame construction, and even if the frames aren't perfect, the satisfaction of a complete scratch build is pretty unbeatable. I may have to follow Dave's (@DocBlake) lead and give up kits altogether--after I finish my accumulated stash, of course. (see below). ;)

Thanks, guys. Cant seem to manage more than one frame a day, but it does move forward. Last frame should be done tomorrow, and then ill need to get the framing jig together. How concerned should I be that these aren't aligning perfectly without the jig?20200831_223443.jpg20200831_223430.jpg

Back