Trident Model - HMS Alert 1777 by Lusitania1915

Hello, I am writing from Germany.
what can I say?
After a rich week my kit arrived here well packed in an undamaged box.

I use DeepL for translation, and without wanting to advertise, I think it works well.

More information and a real start of construction will be available in the next days.
Many greetings
L.
View attachment 177570
Great news, that you also received your kit - I am looking forward to see your build

Next I took a closer look at the box. For the preparatory work I will remove all traces of the milling cutters.As you can see, there is a lot of sawdust left behind, at first I thought you could knock it out or remove it with the vacuum cleaner, but far from it.
And so I will remove the remains for a few days and think about how to proceed. Maybe you have already moved on then.

Or do you leave the sawdust in place?

Now the pictures: IMG_6949.jpgIMG_6950.jpgIMG_6951.jpgIMG_6952.jpgIMG_6953.jpgIMG_6954.jpg

I think the before and after effect shows quite well what I mean.

I made a decision to clean all frets from sawdust first. For me, it makes sense to spend time cleaning and have all the timber frets ready for parts (as needed). It should eliminate dust when the actual build process starts. Some times, it will require to cut parts from multiple boards, when clean it is easy to locate, IMHO.

Here is the amount of sawdust from all timber frets

IMG_1611.JPEG IMG_1612.JPEG

I keep it safe for later use, it is a really good material for home-made putty ;)

Dear Lusitania1915
I'm glad you got the model and have the right to start building it.
I will follow the progress with great curiosity.
I would be happy if you document each step both in written explanations and lots of pictures and videos, so we can get help with them.
Wishing you pleasure and success in the process. Thumbsup :)

Back